STAR TREK 2d20
Page 23 of 23 First ... 13212223
    Is it possible to associate an Icon with a monster when designing the stat blocks?

Quote Originally Posted by Wenin View Post
    Is it possible to associate an Icon with a monster when designing the stat blocks?
    See "token reference" in post #1 of this this. I also recommend you use v2 of this parser: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...2-Beta-Version

You can add a token to the creature/s once you have parsed and opened the module in FG. Drag the creature from the library to your campaign NPC list so that you can modify it (you can't modify the Libary entry), unlock the NPC and drag a token to the token entry on the NPC window.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I still haven't switched over to the new Alpha version, I'm getting a number of XML errors. In the meantime the beta is still working nicely for me.

The issue I'm currently encountering is with the Ecology section. If I have anything listed after the Treasure entry, it is all placed under the Treasure entry rather than in its own set of paragraphs. How do I get it to accept it as the ecology description?

Aurumvorax CR 9
    XP 6,400
    N Small magical beast
    Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, scent; Perception +13
    DEFENSE
    AC 23, touch 15, flat-footed 19 (+4 Dex, +8 natural, +1 size)
    hp 132 (12d10+48)
    Fort +14; Ref +12; Will +7
    Defensive Abilities ferocity; DR 10/piercing or slashing; Immune poison; Resist fire 10
    OFFENSE
    Speed 30 ft., burrow 10 ft.
    Melee bite +18 (1d6+5 plus grab), 4 claws +18 (1d4+5 plus grab)
    Special Attacks rake (4 claws +18, 1d4+5)
    TACTICS
    During Combat The aurumvorax attacks by biting a foe and holding on with its powerful jaws. It then rips the foe apart with its claws. An aurumvorax that grabs its prey with its jaws does not release the hold unless broken until either it or its prey is dead.
    STATISTICS
    Str 21, Dex 18, Con 18, Int 2, Wis 13, Cha 11
    Base Atk +12; CMB +16 (+24 grapple); CMD 30 (42 vs. trip)
    Feats Bleeding Critical, Critical Focus, Great Fortitude, Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Skill Focus (Perception)
    Skills Perception +13, Stealth +17
    ECOLOGY
    Environment temperate plains, hills, or forests
    Organization solitary or pair
    Treasure standard
    Aurumvoraxes are very aggressive creatures, and lead solitary lives except when they mate. Adults typically claim the hunting area within a mile of their warrens, ruthlessly driving away other predators. In addition to fresh meat, aurumvoraxes are fond of gnawing on metals (particularly gold and copper), though whether they do this to sharpen their teeth or because of some nutritional need is unknown. Aurumvorax warrens can stretch for thousands of feet, often winding deep into the earth. The avaricious appetite of aurumvoraxes has earned them the appellation "golden gorger" among dwarves, who have lost more than a few miners to the dangerous beasts.
    In battle, an aurumvorax latches onto its victim with its jaws and gouges savage wounds with its claws. It rarely looses its grip before it or its foe is dead. It typically attacks the nearest living creature regardless of size, and ignores any wounds it suffers at the hands of others until its prey is dead.
    A typical aurumvorax is only 3 feet long but weighs more than 200 pounds, for it is densely packed with muscle and thick, sturdy bones. Its fur is golden, while its claws are black and sharp. Its weight relative to its body size makes it a poor swimmer, and most dislike crossing water, though they can trundle along the bottom of still or slow water if necessary.
    Adult aurumvoraxes are impossible to train, but their offspring are valued for training as guard beasts. A healthy aurumvorax kit can be sold for 5,000 gp or more to a discerning buyer. Female aurumvoraxes rarely give birth to more than one offspring at a time, and are ferociously protective of their young.
    An aurumvorax drags its prey back to its lair to consume at its leisure, and its bone-midden often contains valuable belongings from past kills. Uneaten precious metals, discarded gems, and well-chewed metal items can also be found in its warrens. Despite its metallic coloration, an aurumvorax is not vulnerable to attacks that target metal, such as heat metal or the touch of a rust monster—in fact, aurumvoraxes easily kill and eat rust monsters, and some dwarf clans use aurumvorax pets to protect their storehouses against them.
    SPECIAL ABILITIES
    Grab (Ex) An aurumvorax can grab a foe of up to one size category larger than itself. It gains a +8 racial bonus to grapple attempts due to its multiple claws.
    Critical Focus (Ex) Aurumvorax receive a +4 circumstance bonus on attack rolls made to confirm critical hits.
    Bleeding Critical (Ex) Whenever the Aurumvorax scores a critical hit with its claws or bite, its opponent takes 2d6 points of bleed damage each round on his turn, in addition to the damage dealt by the critical hit. Bleed damage can be stopped by a DC 15 Heal skill check or through any magical healing. The effects of this feat stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Wenin View Post
    I still haven't switched over to the new Alpha version, I'm getting a number of XML errors. In the meantime the beta is still working nicely for me.

The issue I'm currently encountering is with the Ecology section. If I have anything listed after the Treasure entry, it is all placed under the Treasure entry rather than in its own set of paragraphs. How do I get it to accept it as the ecology description?

Aurumvorax CR 9
    XP 6,400
    N Small magical beast
    Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, scent; Perception +13
    DEFENSE
    AC 23, touch 15, flat-footed 19 (+4 Dex, +8 natural, +1 size)
    hp 132 (12d10+48)
    Fort +14; Ref +12; Will +7
    Defensive Abilities ferocity; DR 10/piercing or slashing; Immune poison; Resist fire 10
    OFFENSE
    Speed 30 ft., burrow 10 ft.
    Melee bite +18 (1d6+5 plus grab), 4 claws +18 (1d4+5 plus grab)
    Special Attacks rake (4 claws +18, 1d4+5)
    TACTICS
    During Combat The aurumvorax attacks by biting a foe and holding on with its powerful jaws. It then rips the foe apart with its claws. An aurumvorax that grabs its prey with its jaws does not release the hold unless broken until either it or its prey is dead.
    STATISTICS
    Str 21, Dex 18, Con 18, Int 2, Wis 13, Cha 11
    Base Atk +12; CMB +16 (+24 grapple); CMD 30 (42 vs. trip)
    Feats Bleeding Critical, Critical Focus, Great Fortitude, Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Skill Focus (Perception)
    Skills Perception +13, Stealth +17
    ECOLOGY
    Environment temperate plains, hills, or forests
    Organization solitary or pair
    Treasure standard
    Aurumvoraxes are very aggressive creatures, and lead solitary lives except when they mate. Adults typically claim the hunting area within a mile of their warrens, ruthlessly driving away other predators. In addition to fresh meat, aurumvoraxes are fond of gnawing on metals (particularly gold and copper), though whether they do this to sharpen their teeth or because of some nutritional need is unknown. Aurumvorax warrens can stretch for thousands of feet, often winding deep into the earth. The avaricious appetite of aurumvoraxes has earned them the appellation "golden gorger" among dwarves, who have lost more than a few miners to the dangerous beasts.
    In battle, an aurumvorax latches onto its victim with its jaws and gouges savage wounds with its claws. It rarely looses its grip before it or its foe is dead. It typically attacks the nearest living creature regardless of size, and ignores any wounds it suffers at the hands of others until its prey is dead.
    A typical aurumvorax is only 3 feet long but weighs more than 200 pounds, for it is densely packed with muscle and thick, sturdy bones. Its fur is golden, while its claws are black and sharp. Its weight relative to its body size makes it a poor swimmer, and most dislike crossing water, though they can trundle along the bottom of still or slow water if necessary.
    Adult aurumvoraxes are impossible to train, but their offspring are valued for training as guard beasts. A healthy aurumvorax kit can be sold for 5,000 gp or more to a discerning buyer. Female aurumvoraxes rarely give birth to more than one offspring at a time, and are ferociously protective of their young.
    An aurumvorax drags its prey back to its lair to consume at its leisure, and its bone-midden often contains valuable belongings from past kills. Uneaten precious metals, discarded gems, and well-chewed metal items can also be found in its warrens. Despite its metallic coloration, an aurumvorax is not vulnerable to attacks that target metal, such as heat metal or the touch of a rust monster—in fact, aurumvoraxes easily kill and eat rust monsters, and some dwarf clans use aurumvorax pets to protect their storehouses against them.
    SPECIAL ABILITIES
    Grab (Ex) An aurumvorax can grab a foe of up to one size category larger than itself. It gains a +8 racial bonus to grapple attempts due to its multiple claws.
    Critical Focus (Ex) Aurumvorax receive a +4 circumstance bonus on attack rolls made to confirm critical hits.
    Bleeding Critical (Ex) Whenever the Aurumvorax scores a critical hit with its claws or bite, its opponent takes 2d6 points of bleed damage each round on his turn, in addition to the damage dealt by the critical hit. Bleed damage can be stopped by a DC 15 Heal skill check or through any magical healing. The effects of this feat stack.
    That doesn't conform to the Paizo Statblock standard. Ecology doesn't actually have descriptive text like that. More info here: https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/...roduction.html

This would more be covered by the "Description" field (put before the Name/CR line) however that field was never really meant to have a lot of text (although it could) as it was just meant for the physical description that Paizo frequently puts before the create name, especially in the bestiary books.

Version 2 of the parser caters for text such as this using the EXTRA FORMATTED DATA section at the end of the statblock, see post #2 of the V2 Beta thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post169001
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Trying to parse an entry from the NPC codex and it's failing on the first line:

ARCANE EXPERIMENTER CR 13

Seems that if I change the word "EXPERIMENTER" to anything else (such as "ARCANE TINKERER") it works. Also, just the word "EXPERIMENTER" by itself fails to parse. I'm guessing it's the "XP"? Any way around this?

UPDATE: Ignore. I was using an old version of the parser. Re-installed and the issue went away.
    Last edited by darrenan; July 27th, 2014 at 21:27.

Getting an error that is telling me I have an error in a line that is beyond how many lines I have in my text. Uncertain where to look for the problem.
    Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Lallatwiddle View Post
    Getting an error that is telling me I have an error in a line that is beyond how many lines I have in my text. Uncertain where to look for the problem.
    Any advice?
    I'd recommend you use the beta release - link at the top of post #1.

Hello, Trenloe!
    The v2 version wouldn't work on my computer, so i'm still using this version. (Or trying, tbh).
    However, even when using the examples you send with the files i get numerous errors! I'll send an example.

https://snipboard.io/X6PMLK.jpg

How could i solve this?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretwulf View Post
    Hello, Trenloe!
    The v2 version wouldn't work on my computer, so i'm still using this version. (Or trying, tbh).
    However, even when using the examples you send with the files i get numerous errors! I'll send an example.

https://snipboard.io/X6PMLK.jpg

How could i solve this?
    You put the NPC data in a text file and select that text file to parse. See the instructions in the readme.txt file in the ZIP file.

QQ: Does this handle PP for spell points?

Thread Information