DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    I use two monitors when I GM and got slightly annoyed resizing FG everytime I start it up.
    I finally found a small program that gives me a shortcut to resize FG instantly to a custom resolution.
    https://www.brianapps.net/sizer4/
    Works perfectly and just cuts out the mild annoyance that this function isn't built into Win10
    Pathfinder/Traveller GM - Sometimes running CPRed, CoC, AD&D2E, and other stuff - Ultimate License
    Currently running Pirates of Drinax, and Skulls and Shackles
    Check out my little dungeon map blog

Quote Originally Posted by TrentLane View Post
    I use two monitors when I GM and got slightly annoyed resizing FG everytime I start it up.
    I finally found a small program that gives me a shortcut to resize FG instantly to a custom resolution.
    https://www.brianapps.net/sizer4/
    Works perfectly and just cuts out the mild annoyance that this function isn't built into Win10
    FG remembers what size it was when it closes and reopens in that size. If you stretch across two monitors you need to set up Windows so that both monitors display the same thing (Choose 'Extend these displays' from the Settings>System>Display>Multiple Displays) otherwise FG will revert to the main monitor only.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I have it set up the way you describe it, doesn't work for me for some reason.
    Always starts up as a smallish window in the middle of my main screen
    It has worked for me in Win7 like this before, but for some reason no longer does in Win10
    Pathfinder/Traveller GM - Sometimes running CPRed, CoC, AD&D2E, and other stuff - Ultimate License

I have it set up the way you describe it, doesn't work for me for some reason.
    Always starts up as a smallish window in the middle of my main screen
    It has worked for me in Win7 like this before, but for some reason no longer does in Win10
    Ah, the vicissitudes of operating systems
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I'm still baffled that this feature got removed... Well, using a program/hotkey is a good enough workaround; and FG instantly jumping to the correct size via keypress makes unreasonably happy

I'm still baffled that this feature got removed...
    It didn't get removed, it's still there - saving the desktop size across multiple monitors works fine for me in Windows 10 with FG v3.3.7. It maybe that FantasyGrounds.exe is unable to store the position data - try running FG as Administrator (right-click on the startup link and select "Run as Administrator" and see if this results in the position information being stored.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    IF Win 10 is not saving Window size and position for you, check out this thread on teh MS support forums; https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...0-ef65883ccc10

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks for the troubleshooting help, SFC; and the other things in that thread, brings up nothing, and admin doesn't change the behaviour either.
    Sometimes Windows just decides to be weird *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by chumbly View Post
    Also.. if you have two screens, its possible with mirroring apps like Airplay (on Mac to use for Apple TV), and Air Parrot (on Windows to use Airplay on Apple TV, or use Chromecast to any device supporting Chromecast such as a Amazon TV or Roku)to have a separate players copy running on the second screen and then use the mirroring app to throw the players app window across wireless to a big Screen HDTV for a group around a table. That might allow for easier shared viewing by the group of their Character sheets and Maps.
    How do I open a players' copy on the same computer? Mine just keeps going to my DM one.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTheDM View Post
    How do I open a players' copy on the same computer? Mine just keeps going to my DM one.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post323935
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information