DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Release v2.8.1

Release v2.8.1

Fantasy Grounds v2.8.1 is now available via the FG updater or via the FG installer on the Downloads page.

The primary focus areas for this release is bug fixes.

A more complete list of patch notes will follow, and is available in the patchnotes.html file in the FG program directory.

Cheers,
    JPG

• Improved handling of invalid XML and corrupted database files.
    • Graphics errors or crashes when FG minimized while loading graphics. Minimize option disabled.
    • Tokens in ruleset PAK files not being sent to clients. Fixed.
    • Intermittent crash when using Return to Launcher option. Fixed.
    • Vote selections not updating on GM screen. Fixed.
    • Mouse wheel not registering screen position correctly when FG maximized. Fixed.
    • Released characters would sometimes show error icon when requested by a new player. Fixed.
    • Mouse click and drag on centered multi-line string fields was positioning correctly. Fixed.
    • [4E] Add DMGTYPE effect
    • [4E] More feedback to GM when dropping numbers on SCT that are not added.
    • [4E] Unable to add powers in local mode. Fixed.
    • [3.5E] Spells from module spell lists can be dragged to any link field.
    • [3.5E] Added ability/CL multiple to spell damage and heals. (i.e. Harm, Heal, etc.)
    • [3.5E] Player description field always visible in item windows, regardless of identified state.
    • [3.5E] Weapons with selectable damage types will show both damage types when initially added to character, instead of none.
    • [3.5E] Incorporeal creatures will resist non-magic, non-spell damage.
    • [3.5E] Temporary ability bonus modifiers on PC sheets were being ignored. Fixed.
    • [3.5E] In PFRPG mode, damage rolls now do half damage to incorporeal targets, except force damage.
    • [3.5E] First square of diagonal movement is showing distance as 10, when tokens are locked. Fixed.
    • [3.5E] Script error on effects expiration when added from campaign effects list. Fixed.
    • [3.5E] Perception not highlighting in Senses field for PFRPG Bestiary entries. Fixed.
    • [3.5E] Strength effect modifiers being added to spell damage rolls. Fixed.
    • [3.5E] In PFRPG mode, memorization spell casters unable to choose 0-level spells for the day. Fixed.
    • [3.5E] Modifier stack not updating correctly when manually adjusting modifier after other modifiers already added. Fixed.
    • [3.5E] Disable Device skill incorrectly using Intelligence as skill modifier when in PF mode. Fixed.
    • [3.5E] Campaigns converted from old 3.5E would show double skill entries for multi-word skill names. Fixed.
    • [3.5E] Spells parsed while sheet open on host and client would not synchronize correctly. Fixed.
    • [3.5E] 0-level spells not showing in standard spell mode when not prepared for memorization casters. Fixed.
    • [DEV] tokeninstance: Added functions for getPrototype, getImageSize
    • [DEV] subwindow: Added tag for fastinit
    • [DEV] windowcontrol: Added warning message for onScoll/onZoom recursion
    • [DEV] Compatibility added to prevent onValueChanged event from triggering on setValue calls for non-DB numbercontrols.
    • [DEV] tokeninstance.getOrientation returning extra nil value. Fixed.
    • [DEV] Fields named category or holder would cause database corruption. Fixed.
    • [DEV] imagecontrol getViewpoint/setViewpoint functions were not correct when scrolling. Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by moon_wizard
    • [3.5E] Strength effect modifiers being added to spell damage rolls. Fixed.
    • [3.5E] Campaigns converted from old 3.5E would show double skill entries for multi-word skill names. Fixed.
    Thanks for this update, JPG - a lot of great little fixes in there!

However, all my players' sheets are still showing the double skill entries. Is there anything else we need to do to get rid of them?

Also, the DMG effect adds to spell damage as well as weapon damage. I'm not sure if it's intended to function this way, but it surprised me (I was using it for the effect of spells like good hope). I wondered if it might be related to the Strrnght error listed above?

Finally, links to other spells from within spells still just open blank spell sheets in the d20 Spells book. I think you've fixed this in the 3.5E Spells book - can you apply the same fix to the d20 version, please?

I couldn't help but notice that you can't minimize FG anymore. Haven't played much lately, so it took a while to realize.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonal
    I couldn't help but notice that you can't minimize FG anymore. Haven't played much lately, so it took a while to realize.
    Yes, I'm also missing the minimize button.
    "We adore chaos because we love to produce order."
    M.C. Escher

"Let's face it: for some people, roleplaying is a serious challenge, a life-or-death struggle."
    J. M. Caparula / Scott Haring

"It emerges that physics is basic but inessential; that is the crucial fact."
    Wolfgang Smith

Quote Originally Posted by demonsbane
    Yes, I'm also missing the minimize button.
    Check the 2nd new "feature" in post #2:

• Graphics errors or crashes when FG minimized while loading graphics. Minimize option disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe

Doh! (more words to get 10+ characters).

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe

Too bad: it was working perfectly well for me.

Thanks for your reply, Trenloe.
    "We adore chaos because we love to produce order."
    M.C. Escher

"Let's face it: for some people, roleplaying is a serious challenge, a life-or-death struggle."
    J. M. Caparula / Scott Haring

"It emerges that physics is basic but inessential; that is the crucial fact."
    Wolfgang Smith

Callum,

The changes in 2.8.1 will not remove double skill entries already in place, but you should be able to delete the versions that have different letter cases (which is what caused the doubling).

The DMG effect adds to all damage rolls, it does not differentiate between weapons and spells. You can try having the character use single use DMG effects.

The 3.5E spell book was not correct, but I thought I addressed with the 2.8.1 release. Can you point me to examples of spell entries that contain links to other spells which do not work?

Thanks,
    JPG

Quick update to the 3.5E ruleset (v2.8.1A):

• [3.5E] Ability damage field can be set to negative value again.
    • [3.5E] Effects not applying when only a single target selected. Fixed.
    • [3.5E] Sometimes when casting spells, attack entry sent to chat window when no roll specified. Fixed.

Cheers,
    JPG

Thread Information