DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Star fleet battles

I have been looking at playing SFB with FG2.
    the one thing I would like is a, for lack of a better term, character sheet (Energy allocation form).

How hard is it to make a custom form where numbers can be entered for players to see?

Use the generic extension for the base ruleset. This will allow you to enter the details on the sheet as text. The players then just modify the numbers as they go.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Star Fleet Battles?! Wow, haven't heard that game name in quite awhile. Good Luck with your project. I'd love to see some screenshots when you get it working and what not!
    It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll;
    I am the Master of my Fate, I am the Captain of my Soul.

How do i edit the empty character sheet in the Foundation?

Also, The image size in foundation wont let me widen the frame of the image window with control.
    (too narrow)
    Last edited by Bert Blaine; September 8th, 2011 at 01:43.

Blog Entries
    There's a 'generic' ruleset here that might be a good start.

I've actually played by using an image of the energy allocation form and little number tokens to fill it out. We also used images for the SSD's and marked off damage with the paintbrush. We had fun, but it was pretty cumbersome, so I'm eager to see what you come up with.

~P

probably not much more, lol good idea with the number tokens.

You might talk to Joshuha about the updated foundation code he's been working on if you are actually looking at building a full ruleset for it. However keep in mind that this is not a small endeavor. Building a ruleset, even one just for the character sheet, is a large process and will take time to learn not only XML and Lua, but how they all function within the FG2 Framework.

That aside, there are several Generic or Base rulesets like the one mentioned above and things like the Unicore Ruleset developed by Ikael. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=13343)

Good luck on what you are trying to do. Every bit helps the community.
    • Trying to find a community Ruleset, Extension or Information on how to complete a process? Try FGRepository.
    • PM Myself if you have new or updated community Rulesets, Extensions or Information that you'd like added to FGRepository.

Sfb

I have fiddled around with an image of the SSD and using general tokens to drop onto boxes to mark off damage .
    I would agree that is quite cumbersome and drawing with the paintbrush is worse .
    Federation Commander would still have the same issues.
    The answer may be to make the SSD less graphically critical so instead of having to cross out boxes we have levels of damage to shields etc.
    I am not sure but I think we could make it work.

Full
    Damaged
    Half Power
    Down

Internals would be one or two hits.
    Borusa32

Just another thought or two.
    SFB online is a very good computer server for SFB and Federation Commander which pretty much automates all the fiddly bits in the game.
    If you just need a quick fix a 'cut down' version of Starfleet Comand on the Nintendo DS or PSP systems called Star Trek Tactical Assault enables duels between variations on the original movie versions of the ships with elements of the SFB system in real; time but no drones or fighters.
    Borusa32

Have played 3 times, just using a basic ruleset and the honor system for energy allocation it works ok. I don't have the chops for a ruleset creation.

Thread Information