DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last

Test Release 2.8.1

As always, please make a backup of your campaign before opening with a test release.

This release will be a bug fix and patch release for v2.8, so make sure to report your issues. I may add minor features, but in general, I will be putting those off for even number releases.

Thanks again to the whole community for helping me get the new version tested before release. Given our limited resources, this helps us get the best application out the door.

Please see the sticky thread on public testing if you want to be involved. Only the Test mode slot contains this version. I will update this thread as I release new iterations of the test version.

Thanks,
    JPG

• Improved handling of invalid XML and corrupted database files.
    • Vote selections not updating on GM screen. Fixed.
    • Mouse wheel not registering screen position correctly when FG maximized. Fixed.
    • [4E] Unable to add powers in local mode. Fixed.
    • [3.5E] Weapons with selectable damage types will show both damage types when initially added to character, instead of none.
    • [3.5E] Incorporeal creatures will resist non-magic, non-spell damage.
    • [3.5E] In PFRPG mode, damage rolls now do half damage to incorporeal targets, except force damage.
    • [3.5E] First square of diagonal movement is showing distance as 10, when tokens are locked. Fixed.
    • [3.5E] Script error on effects expiration when added from campaign effects list. Fixed.
    • [3.5E] Perception not highlighting in Senses field for PFRPG Bestiary entries. Fixed.
    • [3.5E] Strength effect modifiers being added to spell damage rolls. Fixed.
    • [3.5E] In PFRPG mode, memorization spell casters unable to choose 0-level spells for the day. Fixed.
    • [DEV] Fields named category or holder would cause database corruption. Fixed.

I tested the new patch but I'm still having the same trouble with the mouse. What do you need from me?
    We thank Thee Lord, that in Thy mer...(clunk)

Ability modifiers: Didn't have time test thoroughly, but mods applied directly to the character sheet sometimes aren't counted (in the modifier box).
    E.G: A character with 12 STR wearing a belt of str +2 adds a +1 to the modifier to their STR mod.

*voting works in test, as above. >_<
    Last edited by GeneralChaos; August 3rd, 2011 at 05:41.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralChaos
    These bugs are both in test and release:

Voting: GM Cannot see replies - may only be when GM calls the vote
    What I'm noticing on the current release build (2.8) is when a GM calls a vote, it doesn't update. If a player calls a vote after that, the player(s?) sees an empty vote window while the GM sees the normal vote circles.

I've noticed if the player calling that second vote clicks the empty window, their vote registers on the GM screen as a vote on the previous vote.

Mouse issue (Dracenfels)
    Some questions:
    * Are you getting the issue for mouse clicks, mouse wheel or both?
    * Can you verify that the software updated? It should say 2.8.1 on the launcher screen.

Voting (Mysteran/GeneralChaos)
    Mysteran, the 2.8.1 beta should address.
    GeneralChaos, are you sure that you are seeing the vote issue in 2.8.1? (verify on the launcher screen) If so, I will need more info.

Ability modifiers (GeneralChaos)
    Which modifiers are you talking about? How are you modifying the Strength bonus? You mentioned effects specifically in your previous report.

Thanks,
    JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; August 3rd, 2011 at 05:29.

Oops. Voting is working in Test. Jumped the gun on that.

Just double checked the bug in depth
    STR bonus to hit is not being added from Main sheet > Manual modifiers to the stat modifier box (EG. STR 22 | +6 - then mousewheeling the +6 to +7)

22 STR +6 = Falchion +21/+13/+8 2d4+20
    22 STR +7 = Falchion +21/+13/+8 2d4+21 (damage went up, but not attack bonus)

It's OK on the skill sheet.
    Same problem if you roll a STR check by double clicking the STR modifier.

[QUOTE=moon_wizard]Mouse issue (Dracenfels)
    Some questions:
    * Are you getting the issue for mouse clicks, mouse wheel or both? (Mouse Wheel)
    * Can you verify that the software updated? It should say 2.8.1 on the launcher screen. (Verified)
    We thank Thee Lord, that in Thy mer...(clunk)

It looks like those modifiers got ignored in the rebuild, so they don't affect anything right now. I'll take a look at what it will take to re-enable them. For now, you will need to use the effects.

Thanks,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    The release looks really great. Most things seem to be running smoothly, we have our first full game in 2.8 tonight so if we run into anything I'll post it up.
    From what I could see the PF spellbook module piece was going to be a big chunk so it's good that waited... but I'm looking forward to it.

I still think it would be nice to have the ability for the GM to be able to add portraits for pregenerated characters without having to open a second client window... that method seems like a kluge...

EDIT: I was testing some stuff in the release version using the PF option for 3.5 and hit this bug when pressing CAST for a spell:
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_spell.lua"]:424: attempt to call field 'handleApplySave' (a nil value)
    I had one PC targeted on another PC both using the same client.

EDIT 2: I tested this in my GM's setup as well. Same result. Otherwise things ran very smoothly.
    Last edited by Blackfoot; August 5th, 2011 at 20:02.

Thread Information