DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 8 First 1234 ... Last

Thread: Release v2.8

Hello,

There seems to be missing info for the magic items in the library (3.5).

Any idea what's wrong?

Cheers,

Moonsteroony

I did not update the 3.5E-magicitems module with this release, and I wasn't aware of any issues with the data.

Can you provide me with some examples?

Thanks,
    JPG

I can't say enough about how great this update is, we just had a marathon session last night, 4:30pm to 4:00am! My son was the DM sitting right next to me and all the changes (we converted from d20_jpg) made it so much easier for the DM to concentrate on more important matters!

I was wondering though, is there a plan to add Class abilities to the library, having the feats, skills, etc handy in your character sheet is very cool, having the class abilities would be as well.

And is there a way to add an edit Effects option, so that you can have them add multiple modifiers at once? (I have DL'd a mod called conditions that have most of the normal ones and they work great, and thanks to whoever made that mod BTW.)

I currently have no plans to update the 3.5E modules further, but if someone were to take on the task and give us permission to distribute the modifications, I would be happy to include. It's a bandwidth issue for me.

You might want to check out the 3.5E manual in the Library section of the web site regarding effects. Essentially, you can combine multiple modifiers in a single effect using a semicolon to separate the modifiers.

Example:
    Barbarian Rage
    STR: 4; CON: 4; SAVE: 2 will morale; AC: -2

Cheers,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by moon_wizard
    Since there is a direct migration from the d20_JPG ruleset and that ruleset was based on the d20 ruleset, then there should be minimal migration issues. However, the backup of your campaign is available just in case.
    Thanks, JPG. If I am unlucky enough to encounter significant issues, will I be able to roll back to version 2.7.6?

You can still continue to use the d20 ruleset even with v2.8, if you choose to. You don't have to update to the new 3.5E ruleset.

I haven't seen any issues which are showstoppers yet, so I haven't taken the time to set up a way to back-rev to 2.7.6.

I'm already working on a 2.8.1 release to address the minor issues that have come up so far.

Cheers,
    JPG

Hello,

Here's an example of missing info for magic items. I've picked the Staff of Illumination.

When you click on the OTHER tab, here's what you read: This staff is usually sheathed in silver and decorated with sunbursts. It allows use of the following spells: AND THERE IS NOTHING WRITTEN HERE.

Another example taken from wondrous items, a bag of holding. You can read: This appears... the bag's contents, depend on the bag's type, as shown on the table below. AND THERE IS NOTHING WRITTEN HERE EITHER.

I've also noticed that in both cases, I can't click on IDENTIFIED (in the MAIN tab section).

Cheers,

Moonster

The magic items module is a read-only data module by default. If you drag the item to the campaign Items list or a PC inventory list, then it will create a copy you can modify or identify.

For the missing details, I will have to address on a case-by-case basis, since my bandwidth is very limited. (at Gencon right now, and out of town for 2 weeks after that)

If you notice others, just let me know.

Thanks,
    JPG

One down...

Hello,

I've been able to modify and click for identified.

But there is still no description as to the power. I'll wait for the details...

Have a nice one!

Cheers,

Moonster

The text that Moonster identifies as missing is actually missing in the database for those (and many other) items.

Thread Information