DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

WEG OpenD6 ruleset?

anyone working on an OpenD6 ruleset? it's a great, and free, generic ruleset that use to run Star Wars. i would think that with all the coding geniuses on these boards that it'd be an easy task to complete

just sayin'

I've got a character sheet coded for WEG Star Wars using the d6 system. It does the wild die die rolling as well. Probably a little dated now, it's not been updated in ages.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

mind if i give it a whirl?

just had a thought... could you change the Star Wars nomenclature with OpenD6 Space and place the OpenD6 SRD into the licensing area?

also, could you change the names of the skills and attributes to match D6 Space rather than Star Wars and add a section for Advantages and Disadvantages?

the WEG D6 Space, Fantasy, and Adventure pdf books are a free download now that it has gone to an "OpenD6" format. you'll have the thanks of a million rabid D6 fans everywhere

Not got the time available to devote to this at the moment. You can have a copy of the d6 ruleset I do have though. PM me with an email address to forward it to. There's the character sheet and die processing only. Can't remember if I even got around to NPC sheets.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

I'd love to take a peek at this as well. [email protected]

- Obe
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

pm sent and thanx much!!!

I got a copy of Valarians d6 ruleset a year ago. It's was based on the foundation ruleset which lacks many features found in modern rulesets. I chose to use the base ruleset instead and use the Open d6 rules (available under the OGL). I've moved the character sheet and the dice rolling functions to the new ruleset and I've used the Traveller theme for most frames, icons etc. I intended to use the ruleset to game in the SW setting and the charactersheet reflects this. There are some problems however. For example I have not been able to get the tab labels to work on the character sheet and the NPC sheet. The NPC sheet is text only so it needs some fixing and code needs to be written to take care of dice rolling from the CT. So its only half done. Also there are no advantages and disadvantages sheet.

The ruleset is licensed under the OGL. I include a link to copy of the ruleset if anyone want to take a look at it and perhaps pick up where I left.
    Last edited by peterb; July 28th, 2011 at 14:08.

I was tinkering around with the Destiny6 system, and there was someone else as well. I don't have a lot of polished stuff, but I can dig around and see what I have.

I think my dice mechanic worked, but I can't remember for sure.

thanx valarian, looks great and works very well! much appreciated now to see if i can get smiteworks to make an "official" open d6 ruleset for adventure, fantasy, and space with modules

Thread Information