DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: RuneQuest.

Blog Entries

RuneQuest.

I am considering running a one shot to test out my RuneQuest extension. It makes use of 2nd Edition rules (Chaosium) as a modification to the BRP ruleset. The extension works pretty well and I'm looking for problems...

I'll probably run Apple Lane or something basic just to give it a go.

FG Calendar Entry
    Last edited by Blackfoot; July 19th, 2011 at 01:44.

I'd be interested to join in - I'm Australia based, but can play during the day currently (which is US evenings). Weekends possible too.

Happily hunt from problems / bugs too
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Blog Entries
    Join the calendar and we'll hash out possible times.

Definately

Interested the only complication being I'm in the UK which would really mess up the time zones for Phantomwhale.

We are just setting up and my GM loves running Runequest 2nd edition would you like us to do some testing for you?

Blog Entries

Open Testing.

If you join the Calendar listed above.. maybe we can figure something out... cuz at this point there are more than enough players signed up all over the world.

I'm probably a bit far from completion for actual open testing of the extension. I have my modules in pretty good shape and the character sheets are pretty nice... but I still need to build some sort of targeting setup into it and I was hoping that maybe I could pick up some stuff out of v2.8
    What I really want is a nice Strike Rank Allocator tool... like a pop up window where the PC's basically go to drop in the weapon or spell they want to use and the software gives them options for how they want to shuffle around their round. This is perhaps a little bigger than me code wise at the moment.
    The big things they want to do are:
    Allocate Defense.
    Choose Attack weapon.
    Choose Parry weapon.
    Change weapons.
    Cast a spell from their Spell List.
    Use an Item.
    Delay for Aim.
    Move...
    Most of these have calculable SR values... so the 'math' part should be fairly straight forward.
    The biggest difference I see between the BRP ruleset and RQ II is the way Strike Ranks work... Spells were a little different... but really pretty similar. Changing skills was really not that big a deal.
    Last edited by Blackfoot; July 24th, 2011 at 19:34.

I'm used to timezones getting in my way - it's no biggie. But if it happens to work out for me, then that's great.

Plus as someone who started work ages ago on MRQ, I'm intrigued to see how the RGII conversion went. MRQ was.. just a bit TOO different to extend off BRP as simply as I'd hoped !
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Blog Entries
    Chaosium RQ II is much closer than MRQ fortunately.

Blog Entries
    I'm going to do another test run of my RuneQuest extension this Friday night (November 4th) ...
    I have a 7pm (EST) slot posted up on my calendar but I could probably start earlier or later if that was better for the consensus.
    If you are interested.. go ahead and sign up HERE.

Thread Information