FG Spreadshirt Swag

The Arkham Census Extension

If you're anything like me, you often have to create new NPCs in the middle of a session. I wrote this simple script, which I call the Arkham Census, to make it easier.

Right now, there are two commands.

/names generates five names randomly. The family names are based on the list of family names given in the Arkham Unveiled book.

/person randomly creates an NPC with stats. It generates a gender, name, age, occupation, characteristics as well as two descriptors to help give the character some... um... character.

To put this to work, just download the .ext file into your extensions folder. I think I've done this correctly, but let me know if it doesn't work and I'll try to fix it!

I'll continue to work on it, so if you have suggestions, please post them. One thing I'd like to be able to do is have this script automatically open a new Personality sheet and populate the data fields.

Michael

Amazing very cool friend
    Thanks
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

Coolies, thanks. Gonna give it a try.

Genius. Pure Genius. This is a tool I will use often... thanks!

Ultimate License Holder!
    Anyone can play!
    Timzone:
    US Central (-6 GMT)

Does this work with the current version? I tried installing it but nothing doing.

Scrub that, I hadn't activated it for the campaign when I thought I had. User error! This works great.
    Last edited by Grey Hunter; January 6th, 2012 at 05:59.

I love this extension, finding it really useful. I do have one request though, as I can't use it for all circumstances.

Is there any way for the generated names or characters to be output only to the keeper's screen? Currently all players can see the generated data.

Quote Originally Posted by Merecraft
    I love this extension, finding it really useful. I do have one request though, as I can't use it for all circumstances.

Is there any way for the generated names or characters to be output only to the keeper's screen? Currently all players can see the generated data.
    I've had some players be able to generate names just by typing "/" in the chat, some bug I believe.
    Time Zone: EST/GMT -5

Insanity is relative, it depends who has whom locked in what cage.

Thread Information