DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 28 First 1234513 ... Last
    Version 4.1.2.1 was uploaded today. Use the download links in my original post to download it. The only issue addressed was the publishedIn thingie. @arotter's login issue was not tackled since I have no way of reproducing it without communicating with him.

@DrZeuss: I was unable to reproduce seeing the publishedIn tag with items. I saw it with Powers, and for good measure, made the program look for it in nearly all cases, since it wouldn't hurt anything, but I couldn't actually reproduce it for items so I can't be 100% certain I fixed. If you could tell me what book/item you're seeing it on, I'll take another look. In any case, I hope 4.1.2.1 will take care of it everywhere.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EugeneZ
    @DrZeuss: I was unable to reproduce seeing the publishedIn tag with items. I saw it with Powers, and for good measure, made the program look for it in nearly all cases, since it wouldn't hurt anything, but I couldn't actually reproduce it for items so I can't be 100% certain I fixed. If you could tell me what book/item you're seeing it on, I'll take another look. In any case, I hope 4.1.2.1 will take care of it everywhere.
    I think it was either Heroes of Shadows or Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms, can't recall which one now. Either way its not a big deal to get rid of them with a global search and replace, however thanks for addressing the issue with the update. Much appreciated.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Thanks. I took a look at those books in 4.1.2.1 and they no longer show the token.

I'm curious. Is it possible to add a Scrape feature for the compendium to make it batch for things that you want it to look through (say like Dragon magazine ### through ###)?
    Also, is it possible to add a feature that if it says "Failed to download data" or something to attempt to re-download at least once more at the end of the scrape section process?

@zapoqx: Both excellent ideas. I'll put both on the TODO list... shouldn't even be very hard to do.

Cool. And I feel kinda bad for not mentioning how awesome it is that you're continuing the work that was left off that was amazing in the first place. Glad to see it still going as great as ever!

Zapoqx, fancy meeting you here!

Anyways I have a few questions concerning how to parse some files. Firstly is there a way to make level increases to powers appear as their own line. For example the Healing Word power it increases at Level 6 to 2D6 HP regained. Whenever I put it in the parser as its own line with the power it ends up running together, or making one long sentence. I hope that makes sense.

Secondly is there an outline how to set up Poisons and Diseases? A template would be greatly appreciated.

So, I wanted to report on one I did find the "publishedin" tag and it was on the Traps section in the Dragon Annual 09.
    To edit in, also the dragon magazines somewhere between 364-389 had it with the traps.
    And 390-399 had an issue with something weird about the p tag not matching with the end tag of th. I looked and it weirdly had something involving <p> as the start, then later on, </th><th>. I assume Table Header, but the point is, there was no starting th tag. Don't know how to go about it right now with that, so I'll skip it (It only has cages for the most part). This th occurred again except I realized it this time it was on the equip section which had the Mount as the header. This was under the Dark Sun Campaign Setting. I suspect this has to do with the compendium not grabbing them correctly.

One more Edit:
    I'm having Issues with martial Powers 2. Its something weird I can't figure out.

Code:
    7/24/2011 6:22:28 PM : ERROR:System.Xml.XmlException: The '<' character, hexadecimal value 0x3C, cannot be included in a name. Line 11411, position 71.

<flavor type="formattedtext"><p><i></i></p></flavor>
                <prerequisite type="string">Fighter or warlord; proficiency with any two-handed polearm or two-handed spear</prerequisite>
                <effect type="string">You gain a +2 feat bonus to Intimidate checks. If you are attacking with a two-handed polearm or a two-handed spear and you have proficiency with that weapon, you also gain the following benefit. When you hit an enemy with a power associated with this feat, you can push that enemy 1 square. <br />Associated Powers: Cleave, Viper’s Strike<br /></effect>

</featLonghandStudent>
     ***         <featSetupDeadlyReturnsGreatDragonWarCryHeadstrongBraveryHoldTheLine<br_>>
                <name type="string">Setup, Deadly Returns, Great Dragon War Cry, Headstrong Bravery, Hold the Line <br /></name>
                <source type="string">Feat </source>
                <description type="formattedtext"><table><tr><td><b>Prerequisite:</b>Warlord, Longhand Student feat</td></tr></table><table><tr><td><b>Benefit:</b>If you are attacking with a two-handed polearm or a two-handed spear and you have proficiency with that weapon, you gain the following two benefits. When you hit an enemy with an attack power, you gain a +1 feat bonus to AC until the end of your next turn. When you hit an enemy with a power associated with this feat, you can push that enemy 2 squares. <br />Associated Powers: Battle On,</td></tr></table></description>            <class type="string">Feats</class>
                <level type="number">-1973</level>
                <school type="string">Greater Style</school>
    I haven't found an extra carrot in any of the original txt files. All I got out of this is its around the Longhand Student section.

Edit once more...
    I found it. Geez that was stupid and a pain. Apparently the following code borks it:
    Code:
    ZXCV123 Longhand Bravo [Greater Style]

Prerequisite: Warlord, Longhand Student feat
    Benefit: If you are attacking with a two-handed polearm or a two-handed spear and you have proficiency with that weapon, you gain the following two benefits.
    When you hit an enemy with an attack power, you gain a +1 feat bonus to AC until the end of your next turn.
    When you hit an enemy with a power associated with this feat, you can push that enemy 2 squares.
    <br />Associated Powers: Battle On, Brutal Setup, Deadly Returns, Great Dragon War Cry, Headstrong Bravery, Hold the Line<br />
    The culprit is the "Hold the Line" part because its reading "Hold the Line<" it seems. However, you have to delete that entire <br /> for it to clear or it refuses to get past that point.

I think I'm done for the night with this.
    Monster Manual 1 and 3. I can't seem to get the npcs to import which I'm guessing has to do with the way the monsters are currently scraped.

Here is the example I get from MM3 and the error type is the same in 1:
    Code:
    7/24/2011 9:27:21 PM : ERROR:System.Xml.XmlException: The 'h1' start tag on line 16013 position 49 does not match the end tag of 'languages'. Line 16013, position 74.

<powertype type="string">R</powertype>
                        <mm3mode type="number">1</mm3mode>
                    </id-00005>
                </powers>
                <alignment type="string">chaotic evil</alignment>
     ***             <languages type="string">Common, Deep Speech<h1 class="atwillpower"></languages>
                <skills type="string">Athletics +9, Stealth +13</skills>

<strength type="number">10</strength>
                <constitution type="number">17</constitution>
                <dexterity type="number">18</dexterity>
    Alright. Thats it for me.
    Last edited by zapoqx; July 25th, 2011 at 05:42.

@zapoqx: That last one is easy, its missing the close of the xml tag.. it should be <h1 class="atwillpower" /> (though I would hazard a guess that the whole h1 can be removed....)

@zapoqx:

For the first issue with the Dark Sun Campaign Setting parse it is missing the following tags <table><tr><th>. Just replace Speed per Hour for each of the 6 mounts in the equip.txt file with <table><tr><th>Speed per Hour.

For the third issue with Monster Manuals 1 and 3 you need to remove the following <h1 class="atwillpower">. It seems to append to a few of the Languages entries.

That should help you to get them parse them and hopefully EugeneZ can figure out a way to get around the issues.

Thread Information