DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 18 of 28 First ... 81617181920 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by thargar
    Got a few questions based on my limited understanding of how the parser works.
    1. Can the item text file be manually created just to get the simple items into FG. Mundane armor and equipment similar to what is in the 3.5 basic rule book that comes with FG? Should be easy enough to make the file in little time since it isnt that much information.
    Yes. The parser works without the scraper. If you go Start -> All Programs -> 4E Parser -> Documents. You will pop a window with a Sample folder. Double click the Sample folder and you will see 3 more folders. Double click the Input one. That will bring up 3 more folders. Double click the PHB one. Inside you will find samples for armor, weapons and equipment. They have samples entries. I would suggest you copy and paste the files into the same folder with the scrapped files with which ever PH you are making. Then just follow the format of the items in the text files.

2. It appears that when the scrapper grabs the info, it puts it into a simple text file that the parser then uses to collect the information from. Does the scrapper put any specific code language into the text file? I didnt see anything specific in the text files that were created for powers, npcs, and the like.

I created a short item text file for some mundane armor and the parser is able to create an items file, but it just doesnt pull in any of the information. The client file does not include any item information. I used a similar format to the text files of the powers and npc files.

3. Is there a specific format the text file should follow or does the file have to have a specific name for the parser to see it? Simply called it armor.

Thanks for any info anyone can provide.
    2-3) See the sample files at the location given above.

You're welcome.

Quick question on the parser. I am working on building my library but I have not been including my icons for info I scrape (ie the cover for the MM, or PHB). Is it possible to add this after the fact or do I need to stop now and start over?

Quote Originally Posted by FSHSchmo
    Quick question on the parser. I am working on building my library but I have not been including my icons for info I scrape (ie the cover for the MM, or PHB). Is it possible to add this after the fact or do I need to stop now and start over?
    You don't need to re-scrape. Just load the "config" file for the parse (you *did* save the configuration, right?), then set the Thumbnail to the icon.

Then just re-parse it, and your icon will show up for the module in FG.

-Thomas

When I try to parse items from the compendium I always get the following error message.
    It doesn't matter from which sourcebook the items are coming.

Code:
    See the end of this message for details on invoking 
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
       at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
       at Parse4E.Scrape.TopScrape(Int32 iType, Int32 iSourceID, String strDir, Boolean& booPowers, String txtEmail, String txtPassword, MetaList[]& MetaData, String[]& DynamicTokenList, Boolean booAppend, Boolean& booMonsters)
       at Parse4E.Scrape.StartScrape(String strName, String strEmail, String strPass, String[]& DynamicTokenList, String& strDir, Boolean booScrapePower, Boolean booScrapeMonster, Boolean booScrapeFeat, Boolean booScrapeRace, Boolean booScrapeParagon, Boolean booScrapeEpic, Boolean booScrapeItem, Boolean booScrapeRitual, Boolean booScrapeTrap, Boolean booAppend, Boolean booScrapeMeta, Boolean booScrapeBackground, Boolean booScrapeFamiliar)
       at Parse4E.frmPHBParse.ScrapeToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
        Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.261 (RTMGDR.030319-2600)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    Parse4E
        Assembly Version: 4.1.2.1
        Win32 Version: 4.1.2.1
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/4EParser/Parse4E.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.235 built by: RTMGDR
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.276 built by: RTMGDR
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.261 built by: RTMGDR
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    Microsoft.VisualBasic
        Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
    System.Core
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    Microsoft.VisualBasic.Compatibility
        Win32 Version: 10.0.30319.1
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic.Compatibility/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.Compatibility.dll
    System.Configuration
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    Interop.Shell32
        Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/4EParser/Interop.Shell32.DLL
    System.Web
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.272 built by: RTMGDR
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Web/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
        <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Quote Originally Posted by tpkurilla
    You don't need to re-scrape. Just load the "config" file for the parse (you *did* save the configuration, right?), then set the Thumbnail to the icon.

Then just re-parse it, and your icon will show up for the module in FG.

-Thomas
    It appears I did not save my config for each scrape/parse... doh. Still have all my folders I scraped into just forgot to save... Good thing I wasnt to far, lol

Blog Entries
    if all you want to do is add a thumbnail to a pre-built module that does not contain one already, quick tip:

Save your thumbnail image as thumbnail.png and then simply it add it to the root of the module file using WinZIP. i.e. Open the .mod file with WinZIP and then add your thumbnail.png to the archive.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

You have to have a DDI account to use the parser. If you do, make sure you are using your e-mail address and not your forum name for your login name.

Quote Originally Posted by Asturia
    When I try to parse items from the compendium I always get the following error message.
    It doesn't matter from which sourcebook the items are coming.

Code:
    See the end of this message for details on invoking 
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
       at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
       at Parse4E.Scrape.TopScrape(Int32 iType, Int32 iSourceID, String strDir, Boolean& booPowers, String txtEmail, String txtPassword, MetaList[]& MetaData, String[]& DynamicTokenList, Boolean booAppend, Boolean& booMonsters)
       at Parse4E.Scrape.StartScrape(String strName, String strEmail, String strPass, String[]& DynamicTokenList, String& strDir, Boolean booScrapePower, Boolean booScrapeMonster, Boolean booScrapeFeat, Boolean booScrapeRace, Boolean booScrapeParagon, Boolean booScrapeEpic, Boolean booScrapeItem, Boolean booScrapeRitual, Boolean booScrapeTrap, Boolean booAppend, Boolean booScrapeMeta, Boolean booScrapeBackground, Boolean booScrapeFamiliar)
       at Parse4E.frmPHBParse.ScrapeToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.261 (RTMGDR.030319-2600)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    Parse4E
        Assembly Version: 4.1.2.1
        Win32 Version: 4.1.2.1
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/4EParser/Parse4E.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.235 built by: RTMGDR
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.276 built by: RTMGDR
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.261 built by: RTMGDR
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    Microsoft.VisualBasic
        Win32 Version: 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
    System.Core
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    Microsoft.VisualBasic.Compatibility
        Win32 Version: 10.0.30319.1
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic.Compatibility/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.Compatibility.dll
    System.Configuration
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    Interop.Shell32
        Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/4EParser/Interop.Shell32.DLL
    System.Web
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.272 built by: RTMGDR
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Web/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
        <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Quote Originally Posted by DrZeuss
    if all you want to do is add a thumbnail to a pre-built module that does not contain one already, quick tip:

Save your thumbnail image as thumbnail.png and then simply it add it to the root of the module file using WinZIP. i.e. Open the .mod file with WinZIP and then add your thumbnail.png to the archive.
    Working like a charm!

Can I copy these modules from my laptop to my desktop and they work normally with my copy of FG2 there?

Thread Information