DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 10 of 12 First ... 89101112 Last
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb 4E Enhanced Images 1.41 (for FGII 2.9a+)

All,

I have updated 4E Enhanced Images to v1.41.

New version addresses a few bugs in the transition to FGII v2.91 as well as adding support for the new client independent scroll/zoom actions. As per image masking and current API limitations, support for Lock Client View is constrained to the bottom layer only.

Note: This release required some changes to FGII, you therefore need to be running the latest Test release version, i.e. v2.9.1 ruleset release version 24.

5th July 2012 - v1.41
    • Updated extension client support for client zoom/scroll actions
    • Fixed: error with default image size definition
    • Fixed: error with layer initialisation on client

New version can be downloaded from the Extensions page.

Enjoy!

DrZ
    Last edited by Zeus; July 6th, 2012 at 08:04.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Blog Entries

v1.5 under Development

Thought I'd post up a sneak preview of v1.5 of Enhanced Images. v1.5 aims to build on the recent API changes introduced in FGII v2.9.2, specifically the addition of widget support for tokeninstances.

Widgets open up the possibility of enhancements including direction indicators, health, condition and effect markers.

I have already gotten direction indicators added as GM Game option (switching On overrides token orientation controls and replaces them with a small arrow graphic indicator widget which appears around the perimeter (radius) of the token). User controls the direction using regular scroll wheel action (working on getting radial menu controls workign as well - but this may need a tweak in the API).

v1.5 is not quite ready yet but here's a screenshot so yet get an idea of what I am talking about and whats around the corner.

Any suggestions/comments (as usual) are welcome.

DrZ.
    FG Project Development

Current Project:
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates

It looks good DrZ. Having the widget outside the token's square does concern me a bit. Typically monsters and characters take up one square and usually melee combatants fight adjacent to each other. So in fights that do have melee combatants you usually have clumps of single square tokens all next to each other. I wonder if all those arrows might get confusing.

My suggestion would be to instead of just using black arrows for everyone, use a green, yellow or red arrow that corresponds to the token's friendly, neutral and hostile status which I think will make it clearer to determine which arrow belongs to which token.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Griogre
    It looks good DrZ. Having the widget outside the token's square does concern me a bit. Typically monsters and characters take up one square and usually melee combatants fight adjacent to each other. So in fights that do have melee combatants you usually have clumps of single square tokens all next to each other. I wonder if all those arrows might get confusing.

My suggestion would be to instead of just using black arrows for everyone, use a green, yellow or red arrow that corresponds to the token's friendly, neutral and hostile status which I think will make it clearer to determine which arrow belongs to which token.
    Thanks Griogre for the feedback.

I reduced the widgets to 75% of the original size and brought them closer to the centre of the token - I am using the widget object's setRadial method to position the widget around the perimeter of the token, distance from centre of token being calculated using the token scale * ((token height * token width)/2 ).

Assuming tokens are scaled to fit within the boundaries of a 1x1, 2x2, 4x4 grid, they should be tracing the token perimeter and kissing the outer grid lines.

Have a look at the following screenshots. Added some more bad guys and surrounded the PCs. Note: 2nd image shows different scale of tokens to ensure token indicators fit within grid borders. How easy is it to read who's attacking who?

Regarding changing the color of the indicator to match friend, foe or neutral status of the CT entry. I did try this but found the indicators were hard to see against the underlays and background of the images. I settled on black with white border as it's clearer on the eye. If you think this is still necessary let me know and I'll see what I can do using separate graphics as opposed to using widget objects setColor method.
    FG Project Development

Current Project:

Looks really cool. How does it look with square tokens?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hi!

Have you done anything on Conditions/Effects markers yet?

Primarch

Blog Entries
    @Trenloe: Square tokens look fine. Direction indicator at 12, 3, 6 and 9 o'clock positions appear on the edge of the token image, whilst indicators at 2, 4, 8 and 10 o'clock positions appear just inside the corners of the tokens. This is because the positioning is being calculated using setRadialPosition. I don't have many square tokens but I'll post up a screenshot when I get 5 mins later this week.

@primarch - not yet, but planning to look at conditions and effect markers once I have the directional indicators completed.
    FG Project Development

Current Project:

Any news on when 1.5 will be out?

Holy crap. This, combined with the tool that scraped rpgtableonline for its images increases the functionality of FG2 HUGELY. It gives users the ability to easily create high-quality encounter maps on the fly.

Thanks a million Dr. Zeus!

Any news about 1.5 Dr. Zeuss?

Thread Information