DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... Last
    Blog Entries

4E Enhanced Images

NEW VERSION AVAILABLE (v1.4) - see last post for change details.

Hey everyone, another test extension.

I have been working with JPG to see if we could re-visit the multi-layer map functionality Foen explored a while back. The Enhanced Images extension exploits JPG's new API functionality introduced in v2.8 to enable three layers (background, features and play) enabling a DM to compile three images which are then overlaid over one another to provide a composite map view for play. The extension enables a DM to build map images using tile based tokens without incurring FGII token stacking issues.

4E Enhanced Images
    1st July 2011 – v1.1
    • Updated to support 2.8 API and 4E v2.1

1st June 2011 – v1.0
    • Updated windowclass to use three image controls (one layered atop of the other) allowing DM’s to define a background image (ground/walls), add features to a dedicated second layer (trees/furniture) and use a third layer for PC/NPC token gameplay. All three layers remain syncronised with regards to their size and viewpoint (position and zoom), DM’s are also able to add to the drawing canvas using the regular radial menu commands.
    • Added new expandable/collapsable layer controls to the image tools button control palette between draw and target toolbars. Clicking on the bottom layer button (background) will hide/disable the middle (features) and top (play) layers allowing placement of tokens on the bottom layer. Clicking on the middle layer button (features) will hide/disable the top (play) layer whilst displaying/enabling the middle layer and displaying/disabling the bottom layer. Finally clicking on the top layer will display all layers however only the top layer is enabled for token movement. Grid’s from legacy images will be migrated to the new top layer automaticall
    • Added new expandable/collapsable x,y coordinates control to the image tools button control palette between layers and target toolbars to support new Enhanced Encounters token pre-placement functionality.

Screenshot:

Please note:
    • this is a test release requiring v2.8 as a minimum. The extension modifies the windowclass objects for images/maps therefore please ensure that you have backed up your campaign before using.
    • Once a multi-layered map has been constructed, should the extension then be reverted for any reason, token placement information will be lost if the image is opened whilst the extension is not loaded
    • Due to limitations with the way FGII currently handles image masks. Masking of images is currently limited to the bottom layer only. JPG and I have discussed the limitations and JPG is currently investigating/assessing API changes required.

I have uploaded the test release to the Extensions/Test area of my new portal. Click the banner in my signature for the link.

Enjoy!

DrZ.
    Last edited by Zeus; June 17th, 2012 at 20:38.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Wow you been busy Dr. Zuess. I was just wondering about maps working like this the other day.

Visit my YouTube channel for tutorials
    https://www.youtube.com/user/khersheyjr?feature=guide

*eyes this up for future SWEX improvements*

Good work No, great work
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

That is damn cool. As far as I can see it also works flawlessly with other rulesets if you remove the <ruleset> tag. Good work Doc.

-Obe
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

Blog Entries
    Thanks chaps - I'll defer most of the credit to Foen for coming up with the original idea and his Layers extension. Fingers crossed JPG can figure out an elegant workaround to the mask issue and I think this will add extra zing to map making.

I'd really like to make use of this for my games, hand drawn and fancy PS maps is one thing but if I think the way forward lies in tiles ...
    FG Project Development

Current Project:
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates

This is so great friend but one question...why do we have to register to get the exts and other things...? don&#180;t take me wrong but its a little annoying...
    Thank you so much for your new work
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

Holy wow, Z-man! Looking forward to playing with this one, definitely. If I could end up with tile-based maps that look like those, I'd switch.

Blog Entries
    Apologies Blue Haven, the intention was not to annoy rather a means of understanding of how many people are using my mods to gauge interest levels and priorities for development and support.

I thought about it for a while and figured most people wouldn't mind given what you get in return.

I am also thinking about releasing a bunch of online tools for FGII in the near future which will also need a login id.

Potential tools I was thinking about include:

- FGII 4E Character to HTML 4E Character Sheets (Classic and Essentials)
    - NPC Stat Block Converter (RTF to FGII 4E XML)
    - Power Cards
    - Item Cards
    FG Project Development

Current Project:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gmkieran
    Holy wow, Z-man! Looking forward to playing with this one, definitely. If I could end up with tile-based maps that look like those, I'd switch.
    The bottom layer is just a quick dungeon area image I pulled together in 5 mins in Photoshop. Its just a simple image with a Cloud rendered, noisy texture for the tiles, a tile edge overlay and some black walls. Saved to the campaign images folder as a JPG.

The tokens from the middle layer in the image are home made scans of my 4E official D&D tile sets (DU1 I think) and post-processed in Photoshop to scale them for a 50px grid and saved as .png files in the campaign tokens/host folder.

I have a complete set for DU1-DU3 which I have been using for test purposes, the results are really quite good. The map above took minutes to make in the FGII interface.

If the masking issue is fixed moving forward, I will invest the time to finish the complete set DU4-DU6,DN1,DN2 and the Master Sets ET1-ET3.

FG Project Development

Current Project:

Quote Originally Posted by DrZeuss
    Apologies Blue Haven, the intention was not to annoy rather a means of understanding of how many people are using my mods to gauge interest levels and priorities for development and support.

I thought about it for a while and figured most people wouldn't mind given what you get in return.

I am also thinking about releasing a bunch of online tools for FGII in the near future which will also need a login id.

Potential tools I was thinking about include:

- FGII 4E Character to HTML 4E Character Sheets (Classic and Essentials)
    - NPC Stat Block Converter (RTF to FGII 4E XML)
    - Power Cards
    - Item Cards
    I love your extensions, DrZeuss. If you do end up releasing a tool that will convert a 4E FGII character to HTML, I would love that. I've been working on a campaign for my online players, with some campaign resources (adventure log, etc) consolidated into a forum for player access, and I wanted to give my players offline access to look at their sheets on there as well, but everything I've tried so far has been kind of a time-consuming pain. A converter would solve my problem very neatly. I would totally snap that up if made one ^.^

Thread Information