DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Savage Worlds Deluxe - What do you think so far?

This is not a thread about the FGII version that I am sure will be forthcoming but more a discussion about the "book" itself and also any problems you could see running the changes right now.

I need to re-read them but the chase rules look very different for example.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Haven't got a copy yet, but will be interested to see if any elements of it have potential for some FGII / SWEX ruleset automation (e.g. such as the chase rules !)

Like Deadlands, would be good to produce something which is both "digital copy of the book" and "extra ruleset functionality", but only if there are additional items that might benefit from it.

I forgot this was coming out this week. Just preordered the bundle (PDF now, book later). Should be some nice reading during a slow week at work.
    DM: For reference sake, when a bad guys dies, I'll turn their token over. So an upside down 'A' or 'B' means it's a corpse.
    PC 1: So if we kill a 'M' is it reincarnated as a 'W'?
    PC 2: That damn 'O' just won't die!

Must admit, I forgot this was released. I will certainly be getting it. As for the old Chase rules, certainly not my favourite part of the book. In fact I hombrewed my own version for running Savage at cons, as they were just too crunchy/time consuming. Hopefully they have streamlined things this time around.

So far I think the new chase rules are the only problem I can see right now supporting it in FGII.

Card support is limited to 5 cards in a on screen deck or one card each in a combat tracker.

I suspect to a degree you can do a chase of a sort using the deadlands poker table but then you are limited.

I think for now the only way I can see it being done is something like this:

Create a blank image.

Place a token for each PC and foe spread out on the image

The Cards themselves are a token bag in the token box so shuffle the cards in the token box.

Then depending on how many cards you have to deal to each participant in the chase take a card from the token bag and place near them.

Problem is each round will take a while to clear up the cards again.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

The card support for the next version (3.2) will be improved (e.g. no limit) : https://sw4fg2.tumblr.com/post/56192...moves-the-five

Although this is still far from streamlined. Perhaps we need to create a custom "chase tracker" component ?
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Thread Information