FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: Critical Hits

Critical Hits

Well I guess the veterans out there probably already know this, but there are quite a few new users of this ruleset who might not

I was poking about in the NPC attack code today, and I realized this feature is somewhat hidden...

if you are rolling damage from the combat tracker (or NPC sheet).

if you hold down shift, you will roll critical damage.

i.e twice the normal damage. - a 1d8+1 would be rolled as 2d8+2

I guess this is meant for when you roll a natural 20 on the to hit roll. This type of critical damage is actually listed in the CKG as option 4 - Roadhouse rules.

Although to be fair this ruleset predates the CKG by some considerable time...

Huh - nice find. I wondered if there must be some kind of critical mechanism, maybe left over from the source ruleset. But I use my own crit resolution, so I never gave it any further thought.
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

Sorcerer,

Thanks for the heads up!

I am using Inspiration Pad Pro and the Critical Hits & Misses found within the issues of The Crusader magazine. It's a bit older than the CKG as well, but it works.

I haven't in awhile - so here's a thumbs up, tip of the hat to ya. Great work on this ruleset!

C

Thread Information