DICE PACKS BUNDLE

New player: some questions

Hello
    I am a new player with FG. First of all sorry for my bad English, but I'm Italian ^ _ ^. I'm a DnD4e player, but for work, study or another all my players are currently scattered around the world. I had almost given up this hobby, but then I discovered all this.

I'm trying to understand the many features of this wonderful tool, though at first I feel very confused and I did not understand everything.

I hope slowly to be able to master everything.

I would like to share with you my first doubts hoping you can help me.

1) often I can not change the size of the tokens on the map: I select the token on the map, hold down ctrl and use the mouse wheel, but not happen nothing. The map sometimes does not zoom out or in.
    where am I wrong?

2) Is there a connection between the portrait of the characters and their token on the map? Or are they unrelated? I ask because I could not, by GM, to assign a picture to the characters, while I had to give them tokens.

3) What is Parser? I did not understand.

4) I have seen and reseen many times all four tutorials (my written English is bad, but my understanding of spoken English is even worse ^ _ ^) and little by little I'm understanding. But I still have some doubts about the compilation of the powers of the characters. I tried to use as possible of those shown in the example, but I'd like to have more examples to compare them and then generalize. Where can I see more examples of compiling?

5) Is there a way to create a file inside the program with all the powers created for the characters? In order to copy them easily in the different characters that have the same (example: two wizards who have the same Cantrip, magic missile, etc.. ...)

For now I'll stop here, but the questions have just begun. Continue, if I may, to post here from time to time, new doubts

thanks
    Last edited by MDMknight; May 29th, 2011 at 19:53.

Hi,

1) The token must be bound to an entry in the combat tracker before you can resize it.

2) The two are unrelated per se and a player chooses his/her portrait locally, but You can drag the player by their portrait to the combat tracker and/or map.

3) The Parser is a program that allows you to pull data from e.g. DDI and make modules containing rules/monsters for use in FG.

4) Sorry I don't play 4e, so I cannot answer this.

5) From what I understand this is one of the things that the parser does.

I'm sure someone with actual experience with the 4e ruleset and parser can tell you more.

Happy gaming!

Blog Entries
    1. if you are trying to resize all icons then dont put your mouse over the icon. resize the map with scroll wheel and once the ratio is right then you lock the icon size.

2. they are linked i think but the player chooses the portrait and wither can pick the token.

2) The token and the portrait are not linked. The token is set on the combat tracker by the GM, and the portrait is set by the player only. They are linked to the character ultimately, but not linked to each other.

3) The 4E parser is a tool created by a member of our community (Tenian) in order to gather the official 4E data (powers, monsters, etc.) from your subscription to the Wizards of the Coast DDI service. Since Wizards does not license any of their 4E data, it can not be included directly with FG. Therefore, you can either type in the information directly (or copy/paste); or you can use the parser to get the data.

4) I'm not sure I understand your question. In addition to the parser, the 4E ruleset will attempt to understand the information in the power descriptions. It will automatically pick out attack rolls, damage rolls and standard effects that can be applied to targets by either dragging or targeting and double-clicking.

5) If you use the 4E parser, it will create data modules that you can load into your 4E campaign for powers, monsters, etc.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information