DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Blog Entries

Deadlands Reloaded adventure now available in the store

Coffin Rock has been converted for play now by PhantomWhale. Check it out.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...id=S2P10201FG2

What all does the module contain? Maps? Images? Stat blocks? Box text? I'm thinking about purchasing it to use with my current campaign, since we're already in Colorado.

It contains everything from the book.

So in a nutshell, the images from the book (artwork and the map of Coffin Rock) and all the stat blocks, the full scenario broken into story elements, and box text. Should note that coffin rock as a module didn't come with much "box text" - it's quite an open adventure in nature, so doesn't lend itself well to drag and drop text.

It is a fun adventure though, and came as a breath of fresh air for my group after a couple of heavily rail-roaded (stylistically, and actually using railroads) adventures beforehand.
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

I got it and am really liking what I see. I think that it will contain enough sub-adventures to fill out most or all of the rest of the summer for my group. In my perfect world, I would have preferred some combat maps, but Pinnacle almost never prints them, so I wasn't that surprised. I can use Pyro's map tool to whip some stuff up pretty easily.

I played through coffin rock without whipping up extra maps, I just used the letter tokens and what was provided. I think the only scene that needed a new map was probably the final one. But all said, my group has demanded more maps in later adventures, for greater immersion, so maybe that was a learning experience for us.

For later adventures I'm converting, I'm hoping I can share maps and tokens I've created via the forums. As these are normally made with whatever images I can find on the internet, I can't be sure on the copyright status of them, so therefore can't put them in the adventure. Hopefully they are OK to provide as free of charge fan-created downloads (IANAL).
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

phantomwhale the general rule is unless it says free for commercial usage or is old enough to be in the public domain, it is NOT free for commercial usage. However if it is posted on the web you should be able to provide a link to it outside of the module.

Just bought the Deadlands' ruleset and am loving the features, but my FG's been acting up since I've added the ruleset in. FG crashes for myself and my players (haven't had this problem at all since I got the new PC, but now the crashes are back). I literally got the second line of this error message a couple hundred times on the error log:

Runtime Error: Cache file write error
    Ruleset Warning: Anchored control static height ignored for 'state'
    Network Notice: Host connection closed
    Runtime Notice: Returning to launcher

Any ideas?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by NEPHiLiX; July 9th, 2011 at 05:27.

Should we assume you have already reset/ emptied your cache and tried to reinstall, and that having failed you deleted FG2 and reinstalled it? If not You should start there and see if the symptoms remain.

I wasn't aware that the cache would pose any problems. I've emptied it though, and everything seems to be running fine again.

Thanks!

There have been occasional reports of the cache file write error message. Deleting the cache has always solved the issue. I believe it is caused by file corruption or file access rights issues. I have not been able to reproduce during testing.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information