DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Release v2.7.6

Release v2.7.6

• Common module loading works again. Too aggressive with network optimizations.

Cheers,
    JPG

Do unregistered players need to re-download the software to upgrade their clients ?

Just told them yesterday to update to v2.7.5 on pain of not playing next week...

Yes, unfortunately, they will need to download and re-install as well. Unless, you don't use common modules of course. It's a client-side change.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    what does download and reinstall mean?
    uninstall, download, install
    download and install over top
    the unregisterred clients cant just hit update?

Uninstall, download, install. There is a bug with the update function and unregistered clients. Moon has said one the things next on the list to fix is this issue. Until it is fixed, your players will need to uninstall, download the update and install manually.

Blog Entries
    sorry with the dumb questions - will uninstalling also delete the cache? will the unregisterred clients also have to re-download the campaign cache?

I don't think you need to uninstall first, since the installer will just overwrite the files. I haven't tested in detail, but i did 3 installs back-to-back on my machine switching between unregistered and unlimited installs.

Also, uninstalling does not remove campaign/cache information.

Regards,
    JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; May 17th, 2011 at 08:40.

Update

Hi,

My update failed with an error process manifest...the update button still pulses afterwards.

I have an ultimate licence, do I need to reinstall anything due to these issues, or just the unregistered clients? I noticed the module issue yesterday, and thought it was a player not managing the files correctly (we are just getting FG up and running for the first time).

Due to the above failure, I'm not sure if the problem is fixed for me.

Nikoli

Copy and Pasting

Also, a very small thing, but I noticed I can't copy the Alias to paste to players...which I saw done in a tutorial I think.

I have to remember it! Easy enough, though.

Joe

We have an intermittent updater error, where some users will get the package manifest error while updating. It's not a simple error to find, and the updater is next up on the upgrade list after the upcoming v2.8 update.

The workaround is to try again until the update succeeds. Sometimes it takes several attempts.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information