STAR TREK 2d20

Question about colored text

I was wondering if anyone had played around with a color font switch. so in a story item you could right click into the menu and change the color of the selected text.(like a bold, or underline control)

Thought it would make stuff easier to pick out in a bunch of text if it were red or something.

was just thinking out loud, Have you done it? Did it work?

Chris
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Font colours can't be changed (to the best of my belief) as there is no facility to specify fonts or colours in the FG2 formatted text control. The only way I've been able to achieve something similar was by cheating with the standard fonts. It works like this:
    • each formatted text field has tags to map HTML text effects (bold, italic, bold-italic and normal) to a ruleset-level named font (such as chatfont or sheettext);
    • you create a ruleset-level named font of the appropriate colour (such as chatfontred);
    • use that new font name in place of the normal font for one of the text effects (such as assigning chatfontred to the italic style);
    • then put <i> and </i> tags around the words you want to be in red.

This prevents you from using normal italics (or whatever style you override) so it has very limited use. Similarly, because it is intrinsic to the control definition, you cannot make it dynamic using a tool bar or radial menu.

If anyone has a better way, it would be great news!

Stuart

Thread Information