DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Destin, Florida (Paradise) Central Time Zone

An Effects question

One of my players just leveled her shaman. She took a feat that adds Plus1 fort, reflex, and will defense to any ally adjacent to her bear spirit.

How do I get the defense effect to actually apply to the character. I dont know the script to to write in the effects line. I can get it to add a message on the character but is there a way to actually get it to increase the defenses on the character? Or just give a message and keep track of it manually?

The challenge with any "aura" type of power is that it is only in effect sometimes. This essentially has to be handled somewhat manually, like you would if you were at a live table.

As vodokar mentioned, the basic effect description is:
    FORT: 1; REF: 1; WILL: 1

I've handled it in a few different ways depending on what I find easiest for that particular power:
    1. Create an effect with the same duration as the source (i.e. bear spirit). Then, turn the effect on/off as people move next to/away from the spirit.
    2. Create an effect with a "ONCE" application and an "End of turn" duration, then apply it to the defender when they are attacked.
    3. Create a different ATK: -1 effect, and apply it to attackers; but only if their attack is versus non-AC defense.

Cheers,
    JPG

Thread Information