STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 22 First 123412 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by moon_wizard
    I've been seriously considering doing something similar for FG client, 3.5E ruleset and 4E ruleset. However, I hadn't found any decent online tools yet.
    For a commercial effort, I can recommend JIRA. It tracks bugs, ideas, features, etc. against a project and release. The display is via a browser and can be made available to public for bug reporting. Access to the tool is tailored to how you want to work. I've used it before and found it extremely good for tracking progress on a software project with a number of releases.

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

You mentioned not seeing the combat cards too. Can't say I've encountered this (or the paste problem) but I'm also not trying the 2.8 test version. Perhaps this causes both issues ? Let me know.

Regarding JIRA, it is very good and powerful, and I don't think I'd pick anything different for my IT project ticket tracker needs. But as a "community engagement" tool I wasn't convinced it had the best focus on getting everyday users to chip in and engage with discussing new features. Although it is highly customizable, so I guess that could be worked around.
    Last edited by phantomwhale; June 5th, 2011 at 22:26.

Thanks for that. It's definitely the 2.8 version. I just rolled back to 2.76 and all is well again.

I'm trying to recreate the missing combat cards on the latest v2.8 test version. Is this still an issue? Can someone walk me through how to recreate in a new campaign?

I'm not familiar with SW, so I'll need some help. I just loaded up the latest SW ruleset, set up a tracker with one PC and one NPC, then used the next actor button to cycle through. When the cards deal at the beginning of the round, they show up on the host and the client.

Thanks,
    JPG

That's pretty much what I'd try... Sounds like it's working for you, so maybe it's not a simple problem to recreate ?

Not sure if this is something that can be fixed via the Ruleset or if it's just an FG annoyance, but I can't switch between FG and say a PDF or Word window (and still be able to type in FG) without having to minimize and re-maximize the FG program. This really slows down gameplay because I often have to check a PDF or a webpage quick and get back to the game, which I can usually do without anyone even realizing that I did any checking. Even if I don't have FG maximized (ie.: sharing the screen with a PDF) it still happens.

Any suggestions?

What is the problem? Are you referring to the problem where the keyboard input is lost when switching back to FG?

If so, you just need to ALT-TAB, instead of clicking on the windows.

Also, I took another shot at addressing the keyboard focus issue in v2.8 as well. I'm not seeing it here any more (on v2.8), but if you have an example to recreate, I'd appreciate the details.

Regards,
    JPG

ALT-TAB solves it, thanks for that.

I was wondering if anyone was working on the group entry bug in Savage Worlds. The one where you create a group of minions then place their tokens on the map (from the combat tracker) and you have no way of knowing from round to round which entry matches which token, and when you delete an entry/token belonging to that minion group, it doesn't delete the corresponding token/entry.

I also wanted to say thanks for everything you guys are doing on this; the ruleset's amazing and your response times are stellar (I used to use the Rolemaster ruleset with FG and would often have to wait 2-4 weeks for a reply on the boards).

I believe the combat tracker is down for a total re-write in 3.2
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Thread Information