STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

CnC Ruleset update v2.08

I put in a few hours over Easter the fruits of which you can find attached below extension-patch v2.08 is a cumulative patch containing all previous updates to version v2.0

following the interesting debate about how the combat tracker orders combatants with the same initiative and how to skip dead combatants who have effects which update on their turn, I have made a few alterations to how the CT handles initiative.

the CT will now order combatants by:

1. initiative roll
    2. initiative bonus
    3. combatant name (alphabetical)
    4. Database Node Name

obviously points 3 and 4 are pretty arbitrary and have nothing to to with the game at hand, but they do serve to ensure that the order is set, avoiding the flip-flopping of order previously experience by dr_V, and ensuring that client and host orders are the same

additionally, when the host rolls initiative for 'ALL' or 'NPC's', NPC's and monsters who have zero or less hit points will have there initiative set to zero.
    all creatures with zero initiative will have there turn skipped, thus saving the host from having to cycle through lots of dead and dying creatures.
    PC's initiative will still be rolled [if roll PC or roll all is selected], even if they are dead or dying, this is in order to give the GM an opportunity to intervene if the story demands it (I suppose most people allow the PC's to roll there own initiative so you can decide what do do in this instance)
    obviously the GM can then manually set or roll NPC initiative if he wants their turn to occur, or he can simply roll their dice without a turn if he so chooses.

Effects which would have updated on excluded NPC's turns will now update at the end of every combat round until they expire.
    As discussed in a previous thread, the ultimate aim is to divorce effects from their casters allowing them to update independently, and allowing the host to delete dead combatants if he so chooses - but that is for another day as it will require a major rebuild of the whole effects/combat tracker system.

On other fronts, I have included a couple of other things I have had kicking around for a while.

1. XP field added to the bottom of NPC sheets [previously only available for Monsters], this is aimed at the XP for defeating the NPC rather than their own current NPC total. Naturally you are free to put what you like in there, but be aware that the idea behind this (apart from making prep work for GM's and module makers easier) is that at some time in the future the "total Encounter XP " field in the encounters window will be totaled directly from totaling these fields (there will likely be a check box for those that want to opt out of this function)

2. NPC's are now drag/dropable back into the personalities window in order to create 'duplicates' for easy editing to create unique NPC's with similar data.

3. initiative bonus calculation added to the character sheet: calculated based on dex in line with information published in the CKG.
    -1 at 1 dex to +6 at 30 dex.

4. Introduced export Character feature. Characters can be exported to adventure or library modules, and then reimported into another campaign (host only)
    clicking on the "character selection" name plate reveals a hidden window where module characters can be imported by dragging to the character selection window. Library module characters will also appear on this hidden window, but can also be dragged directly from the library module to the character window. Library modules created as common or client, will be viewable by the players, but drag and drop will not function for then (I still haven't worked out how to do the copying since clients only have read access to the root node of the campaign DB.)
    For those making the library modules directly in xml the appropriate window class is "refcharsheet".

For anybody wondering why I didn't have the characters appear directly in the selection window, it's simple. If you do that then they remain in the module database as read only and not visible to players when they log. The dragging action copies the nodes from the module to the campaign database making them visible to and selectable by the players.

5. Added the "Name when Identified" Field to items. When an item is identified. whatever is in this field will be swapped with the name at the top of the sheet. Meaning you can now have "an old wooden staff" for the unidentified object and then have it swap out automatically to "staff of the woodlands" when the item is identified.

I will have only sporadic Internet connection over the next couple of weeks, but as always if you have any problems with this extension please post here and I will try and have a look at it when I have time. In a worse case scenario you can always roll back to v2.076

EDIT: CORRECTED ATTACHMENT [patch v2.08 version 2.0]

following a couple of errors posted later in this thread, please find below a corrected version of this patch. Hopefully I have updated all the links this time. If not I will have to do it again...

I am travelling right now so post any error reports and I will deal with it when I get some Internet access.

EDIT: ATTACHMENT Removed - Patch Superseded by v2.081, see separate thread.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=14817
    Last edited by Sorcerer; June 12th, 2011 at 09:53.

Great additions, thank you Sorcerer!

C

Outstanding, I am especially thankful for the character export feature, i just ran into this problem yesterday wondering how i could easly transfer to another campaign... problem solved

Sorce, you're the Montgomery Scott of FG!
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

Just a question...with the new ruleset out do i need to use these exts??? i´m kind of confused sorry...
    Thanks
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

Blog Entries
    you need to download the file and save it in teh following location:
    %appdata%\Fantasy Grounds II\extensions
    you can then select the extensions when you create or load a C&C campaign as the host.

Damn it...i just made a terrible confusion i was thinking about the new Savage worlds ruleset and i didn´t look sorry
    I know how to use this ones but thanks anyway
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

One question, with each update, do I keep previous editions of the ext file "turned on" in FG, or only the latest?

Thread Information