FG Spreadshirt Swag
    Blog Entries

Instructions / Manual

Is there a better or more complete instruction or manual for Fantasy Grounds - particularly Castles & Crusades - but something with more detail than the one that ships with the product?

Not as far as I am aware... I am writing the C&C users manual/Guide.
    but it is a long way off finished (actually barely started if I'm honest). I am only working on it when I am stuck in hotels or airports. Probably I should give it some priority, but Life is very busy at the moment.

The manual that ships with C&C actually refers to version 1.0 so is not very helpful.

It has been my goal for a very long time to get something better out there, because I think that whilst FG is great for software, it is pretty lousy at documentation.

if you have urgent questions ask away and I will try to help if possible.

As a further note.

If you click on the C&C license agreement when you start FG (I think it is on the create campaign page when you select the C&C ruleset). This actually has a brief description of all the changes that were made from version 1.0. Its not too descriptve, but it might help.
    Each patch I have put out, also has a change log contained within the extension file (although you will have to use a zip program to open and read it)

Blog Entries
    thanks sorceror. im using your latest extensions - appreciate all your hard work - thank you!
    i want to ask you some questions but i think i read somewhere you are supposed to be concentrating on work!

true,

if I don't do some work they will get rid of me (so I am told)

Still the weekend is here and my only plan is to have a lot of beers and chill out for a couple of days.

Blog Entries
    look after the job first - or of course that it your decision - maybe you want to go solo?
    actually you might be at work now so dont reply to this!

Has there been any updates on a more complete manual for C&C?

Or is there a thread that links to threads about using C&C?

Thx,

Tis

I came to the conclusion that I was changing/adding/updating so many things in the next edition of the ruleset that it didn't really make a lot of sense to spend a lot of time writing a manual for this edition since it was already out of date.
    I have promised myself that I will not release another edition without a comprehensive manual.

I know that doesn't really help you at the moment, so in the mean time please feel free to post any questions you have here on the C&C forum.
    I'm sure someone will be able to help...

Thanks Sorcerer,

Tis

Thread Information