FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Blog Entries

Necropolis 2350 now available in the store

There is a Setting version and a Player's Guide only version available. You still need a Full or Ultimate license to use either one, but you can purchase and reference the Player's only version if you participate as a GM but don't need the extra options.

This. is. awesome.

As soon as I wrap up my semester in the next couple of weeks, I'll be able to start gaming again, and I will definitely be looking to put together a Necropolis game, probably using the "Gamma Front" campaign setting that I wrote for the 2351-55 Update.

Hey I am looking to run some futuristic type Sci-Fi type stories...I've got the base ruleset for SWs but, would this setting be better as a base for these stories? I am looking at Serenity type game first but would also like to run a Starship Troopers type or Aliens vs Pred type game also.

Thanks for your time,
    K

Blog Entries
    I will leave that to fellow gamers to answer who may be more familiar with the setting. I will say that there are lots of stats, fluff and adventure ideas included though and you could probably get some good mileage out of it even if you ran a homebrew campaign of some sort with Savage Worlds. Savage Worlds is pretty flexible all around and can run practically any setting.

For running a Starship Troopers type game, the Necropolis rules would work well. It would also serve you well for an Aliens scenario (meaning space marines), since it has lots of rules, equipment, vehicles, Edges, and so on for "military" sci-fi. It is less useful for Predator-style technology, although some of the necromantic stuff has a similar feel.

I also think Necropolis is less useful for a Firefly/Serenity game because it is focused pretty specifically on military sci-fi. My suggestion for running a game like that would be to use the base SW ruleset and purchase a copy of one or more of the sci-fi toolkits and/or the "Tales of the Forlorn Hope" through the Pinnacle Entertainment Group website. Those products haven't been converted for FG2, but they are designed expressly for the SW core system and would be easy to incorporate into an FG2 campaign.

Thanks guys...thats great news!

I may follow your advice CA...my first goal is to run a Serenity game via FG, so I will get that rolling and maybe later get this for a new story.

Thanks again all!
    K

Be very interested to hear how your Serenity game went/is going, Kingfish! I'd like to run Serenity in FG, myself, but I've been holding out for an actual port of the Serenity ruleset. Since it seems that's not going to happen for legal reasons, I've been looking around for an alternative, but I've never played SW. Out of curiosity are you using SW to try and emulate the actual Serenity RPG mechanics or just the feel of the 'Verse?

A while back I ran Savage Firefly/Serenity:

The Theme I created

Actual in Game shot

The rules I used (mostly) came from here

We had a lot of fun.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

MANY thanks for the reference material, Doswelk! I'll have a look through and see what I can do about porting to FG. Nice work on the theme, too! Any chance you'd be willing to share?

Cheers!
    GMK

Unfortunately I used copyrighted images to create it, but it was just my Modern theme with a space background, the Serenity logo and some Serenity bennies.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Thread Information