STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Savage Worlds v3.1 - releasing soon

All,

After quite a few months of bug-fixes and enhancements (since July 2010) I am pleased to announce the imminent release of the latest version of the Savage Worlds ruleset (v3.1).

Until it's release day, please find attached the "Features and Bug Fixes" guide, a 15-page document (with pictures !) describing the features and bug fixes added into this release.

For those people who are too busy to look at PDFs, please read the following :
    AMMO counts DOWN now and most other features shouldn't be too much of surprise, I hope
    The main focus of this release is getting rid of the bugs and inconsistencies in the rule set. This means that many improvements bought up in the requests thread have been held over for a future release. However I hope a more polished rule set will lead to a better experience for players both new and old at this stage.

So, aside from the change in direction for ammo tracking, everything should install fine and without error. That said, any problems, please post them onto this thread, or in the forums; and do try and add details so that I can recreate the problem if required !

Two last things...

Firstly I'm going to post a version 3.2 wishlist after the files have been released, composing everything that I have on my tracker. That is going to be the best thread for further ideas / requests. If anyone has any ideas about how best to track wishlist items (with a vote up and down feature ?) then let me know.

Secondly, whilst I am continuing to work on this project mainly as a matter of wanting a top-rate virtual RPG tabletop for Savage Worlds, I am polishing it up to a release standard and hopefully taking in the interests of the community as well. This does lead to me getting a small cut on new sales, but on old sales I get nothing! So anyone wanting to show some love post-release, the paypal tip jar address is [email protected], otherwise some forum karma and/or a post/e-mail saying thanks would be pretty darn cool as well.

Finally this rule set will set an important baseline for a certain cowboy-horror themed campaign setting extension... hopefully only a matter of days behind (we shall see !)
    Last edited by phantomwhale; April 19th, 2011 at 13:46.

Horror Comboys!

Not sure there's anything that could track feature requests from within the Forums so would have to be a third party site?
    Last edited by VenomousFiligree; April 19th, 2011 at 13:02.

Previously: MurghBpurn

Ha - edited the typo now.

Yeah, thought something third party would be required for wishlists (or one almighty forum poll ?!). Would need to be able to keep some sort of wishlist on the forum for discussion, but if people wanted to vote for items, then the forum format won't work, so maybe links to some external tool might help ?

Will get it onto the forum first, then look at tools later, I suspect.

I can set something up at the RPG VT wiki if you want?

You could use something like this:
    https://code.google.com/p/ntorrent/issues/list

I'm sure that Sourceforge has something as well.

Cheers,
    JPG

The new store link is there ! I see it !

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store....xcp?id=DGASW3

Not sure if the update links are enabled yet for existing owners, I'm sure Doug will throw up the official announcements once they are.

This is great news! Thank you phantomwhale for your effort on this! In quick tryout all those nasty (small, but irritating) bugs are solved in the core ruleset. No need to use patches anymore as the wounds are healed . New pet projects of mine can start again, hehee

PS: And yes I managed to download updated ruleset from "order history" page
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Cool - glad ya like it. Forgot to say, extension developers (and indirectly users of extensions), this might cause a few breaks from v3.0.8 - inevitable, I think, with the existing way extensions work and the old version was coded.

Gimmie a shout if your having any issues - it's all pretty fresh in my head still, and I can probably help figure out what's broken and how to fix it.

Equally, will be focusing on v3.2 on making it easier to extend (I hope), so feel free to share code and ideas and I'll try and open up the API there a little. Or at least make me AWARE of your extension, and then I can try and keep it in mind when I breaking stuff again, and maybe even provide a patch before release day

Good News and Great Work

Great work, looking forward to getting my upgrade notice
    DM: For reference sake, when a bad guys dies, I'll turn their token over. So an upside down 'A' or 'B' means it's a corpse.
    PC 1: So if we kill a 'M' is it reincarnated as a 'W'?
    PC 2: That damn 'O' just won't die!

Thread Information