DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

Wow and Thank You!

All I can say is WOW and Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer
    Dr_V should remember a bug related to this very situation
    Tsk tsk... and *Sorce* should remember that Dr. V specifically instructed everyone his brain is a sieve, and things fall out of it in a manner unbecoming his status as a man of healing. Or of science. Or art maybe. Actually, in one Venture Brothers episode, their doppelganger for Walt Disney tells Dr. Venture that his research shows that Dr. Thaddeus Venture "isn't really a doctor of anything and dropped out of college when his father died."

As always, a brilliant post, Sorce. I know you're busy, so I've been trying to run a little interference up here for you. You spent enough time instructing me, the least I can do is to return the favor and free up a little of your time.

I did remember that the whole dragging issue was fraught with little issues which I thought had been fixed... but maybe not.. so in the end I had to deffer to you anyway. You are a man of great detail!

Normally I drag from the manual to the Personally window so I can edit them. This can be important since some monsters have hit dice values of 2 -10, so you need to set that up, or attacks only listed as 'special'.
    Another common one there is an attack listed as "by weapon" - God I love how easy it is in FG to just BS a weapon into those monsters... just type in "Mace (1d6)" and it works!

1. have the damage dice of combat spells double click rollable from spell, Character and NPC/Monstersheets. This obviously has to reflect the level of the caster.
    2. spells with a duration, to automatically create an effect in the CT when cast.
    That would be very cool, but for me just dragging Effects is very easy, as compared to the amount of work you described putting into the spell lists. What I would *love* is to be able to have collapsible/nameable groups in the Modifier & Effects windows. It would make organizing and finding larger lists of those guys much easier. I could have a whole section that was "Spell" Effects and keep all of the "Blessed," "Charmed," "Webbed," etc. in there.

but when they memorize them the player can click on the spells mini button, which opens a separate window listing only the spells they have currently memorized.
    there is a button on the left hand side fore each spell. Clicking on this button reports to the chat window that the player has cast that spell, and it checks off that one of the memorized spells has been cast.
    I had no idea - I never use those mini windows. Great tip - thanks!

I'm not saying that they will be incorporated into the ruleset, but there's a chance, at least the
    ensuing debate can be entertaining, with possibly something useful popping out at the end
    I hope you know that's the spirit that I post my ideas - I'm just sharing ideas that I hope will give you ideas too. If you never do another thing for the rules set, you're already done plenty! But selfishly, I hope you do implement more
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

Wonderful Thread

Amazingly informative. I'm thrilled to know that this ruleset is so well supported by people who love the game and the platform. And by supported, I don't simply mean Sorcerors efforst which are truly amazing, but moreso the fact that people are hear and answering questions so quickly and so clearly. I've gotten more out of these last few threads than i did after hours of reading manuals and watching tutorials. Thank you so much, Sorceror, Dr. V, Damned MFitzi and the rest. I look forward to further engaging this software product and the great folks here on the forums!

Thread Information