DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

CnC Ruleset update v2.076

find attached extension-patch v2.076

this is a minor update to v2.075 and contains everything that was in that version (except the bugs reported below!)

1. Fixed bug whereby custom injury class names were only reported in the client CT and not in the chat window
    2. Fixed bug where if CT global visibility button was selected, but some individual creatures were then deselected (made invisible again) their invisible status would be lost if the CT was closed and reopened.
    3. The CT menu entries "create Item" and "Delete Item" have been renamed as "create combatant" and "Delete Combatant" respectively.

IMPORTANT Note: the status of the Globalvisibilty button (the eye at the top of host CT) is now saved in the database not in the campaign registry. this means that first time out if all NPCS are visible, and therefore the global eye should be red (selected) it will not be. Simply select it to get it in sync and saved to the new location. this will not effect the actual status of your NPCs and should only happen the first time you apply this extension

If you have further issues let me know.

Edit: Attachment removed. See corrected version below
    Last edited by Sorcerer; May 2nd, 2011 at 10:35.

OK so I found one case where the Global Vis does not properly syc.
    namely when adding extra creatures to the CT when GlobalVis is already set to make all visible.

The extra creatures are added "invisible" by default (as it should be), but the Globalvis button remains "on".

so find attached V2.076 version 2.0 a small change that should reset the global vis button to "off" when additional creatures are added to the tracker.

allowing you to keep them hidden, hit the global vis button to make all visible, or select individually to make the reinforcements come into view one at a time.

EDIT: ATTACHMENT Removed - Patch Superseded by v2.08, see separate thread.
    Last edited by Sorcerer; June 12th, 2011 at 09:54.

How does one patch a ruleset? If I apply this patch will it bring my stock 2.0 installation from a few days ago up to date? Thanks!

mbeacom, just drop the extension file into the "extensions" folder in the FG application data folder. Then when you launch FG & select your campaign, you'll see the 2.076 extension show up below the list of campaigns - just toggle it on or off as you see fit.
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

Ok, thanks for the info. So is this the only patch I need? Actually, I don't even have an extensions folder in my FG application data folder. I have CACHE, CAMPAIGNS, CHARACTERS, MODULES, and RULESETS.
    Last edited by mbeacom; April 30th, 2011 at 04:58.

Yeah, all of Sorcerer's patches thus far have been cumulative - you just need the latest patch to get the benefits of the previous patches. CUZ SOURCE ROCKS!
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

Any thoughts on why i don't have the extensions folder in my FG application data folder? Do I need to create it?

Ok, so I created the extensions folder and put the ext file in it. It seems to have worked.

Blog Entries
    @mbeacom
    you look like you were discoverring a few things while i was away. you will need to share when we start in the morning.
    thanks for your help with combat tracker - that was awesome.

@sorceror
    i would be happy to start some doco sometime in the near future.
    i think the best bet for this will be to start small and just doco features as and when i use them rather than try to do the whole thing.

damned,

if you want to put together some documentation that would be great.

it certainly would be a load off my plate, and would allow me to focus on bug fixes and improvements
    (all of which would end up making your documentation out of date )

Thread Information