5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    The new system will be similar to the 4E ruleset effects, except that the duration of effects is different, and there are actually more conditions to track.

I'm not sure how Pathfinder will be affected, but the changes should be easier to implement since I modularized a lot of the roll modification and result handling code.

I just wish it was faster to get it all done. But, I feel like I'm closing in. I've almost stepped through every feature to shake out the initial bugs; and once I finish that, I want to run a couple sample encounters. Then, release to the community to help me finish testing. 3.5E will actually be ahead of 4E in a couple areas for a bit, plus there are FG client and developer updates as well.

Cheers,
    JPG

I think your proposed new system would work very well for my group, if I've understood it correctly. I'm very happy for the players to see the results of their rolls, including whether they hit or not, but I don't want them to automatically know if an opponent has DR or some effect changing its AC, etc. The "GM View" option would work for me, right?

Here's the option that I ended up with:

* On - Users see all rolls and results
    * Rolls - Users see all rolls, but do not see results that involve an NPC (source or target)
    * Off - Users do not see rolls initiated by GM, and they do not see results that involve an NPC (source or target)

Rolls = Any dice rolls made by the GM or players
    Results = Application of a roll vs. targets. Currently, that means AC comparison for attacks and damage application for damage rolls.

Cheers,
    JPG

is there a forum topic that discusses the upcoming 3.5E ruleset Re-release (or 3.5e/d20 merger/re-release as i've understood it). Just kind of want to stay informed of the progress. I've got a few in my group that really dig the 3.5E as apposed to 4E, i prefer 4E's simplicity but they prefer the customization of 3.5E, i think i might end up house rulling some customization into 4E as it will probably solve the issue but then again maybe not. Either way they'd be pretty stoked for a clean 3.5E ruleset. Granted i've only messed a little with the demo but i found it rather clunky and everything i'm reading about the 4E ruleset says not clunky. I'm excited to here your updating the 3.5E ruleset.

So anywho to make a long story short...(er) is there a forum topic to track the 3.5E ruleset progress and release?

There's not really a dedicated forum topic to the 3.5E work. Essentially, the 3.5E update is part of the v2.8 update of FG.

The next version (v2.8) will be announced in the Laboratory forum when it is ready for community testing, and it will be announced on the City Hall forum when it is released.

Regards,
    JPG

Moon, will this 2.8 version include the PC action option updates for 4e also, or just 3.5e?
    DNH
    "Lost in Karameikos"

Quote Originally Posted by moon_wizard
    There's not really a dedicated forum topic to the 3.5E work. Essentially, the 3.5E update is part of the v2.8 update of FG.

The next version (v2.8) will be announced in the Laboratory forum when it is ready for community testing, and it will be announced on the City Hall forum when it is released.

Regards,
    JPG

Ah, cool. Look forward to it.

Just 3.5E initially, though there are several items I want to port over to 4E quickly (this option plus a few others).

Thanks,
    JPG

Thread Information