DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    I just checked, and I can go above 999,999.
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

I'll recheck on this as soon as I can.

At any rate, even if it were a bug, it's likely not an emergency unless there are a bunch of people out there that have high level characters already. It certainly isn't going to effect me for a long time.

I can confirm that I can definitely input values of 1 million or more.

If you still have problems it might be class specific so let me know which one you were using.

I did uncover one problem though - it is possible to overload the system if you put in too high an XP number (this was over level 4000 for a fighter).
    I guess it could not crunch so high a number. I will have to put in some sort of limiter.
    Not that you will get to this level on purpose, but might happen by accident if your finger rests too long on the keyboard..

Thank you for the update, this will help me a lot while running big combats (20 + goblins, erg...).

I have a question and some "Wish List" items from my players as well...

1. Have you had a chance to look at the new Castle Keepers Guide (CKG)? EDIT: Of course you have, you mention it in your original post. My bad!

1a. In the first part of the CKG, there is an alternate magic system that uses Mana as well as spell components. Is it possible, in a future release (v3.0?) of the rules set, to see this kind of thing implemented?

2. I have been using the Critical and Fumble charts from The Crusader issue 7 (from Troll Lord Games, for C&C) - is it possible to have rules automate that based on a player/monster/npc base d20 hit roll?

I know it's a bit to digest, but I thought I'd throw it your way and see what you thought.

Happy gaming, and again - thanks a bunch for the bug fix!!

C
    Last edited by Crowley72; April 12th, 2011 at 20:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley72

2. I have been using the Critical and Fumble charts from The Crusader issue 7 (from Troll Lord Games, for C&C) - is it possible to have rules automate that based on a player/monster/npc base d20 hit roll?

C
    Sorcerer, take a look at what Dr.Zeuss was able to do with regards to his "Tables" extension and "Critical Hits and Fumbles" extension for 4e. The type of functionality that Crowley is talking about does exist for Fantasy Grounds.

Perhaps you might possibly be able to get together with Dr.Zeuss and work out how to assist him with porting the functionality of his extensions over to C&C?

My game starts in 15 min, and in talking with a few of my players before it starts, I am finding that my "/w" shortcut is not working. I have to type out /whisper.

I have just now confirmed with my players that their ability to use /w has not changed.

So - As the Host/GM - My "/w" shortcut is not working now. It worked in 2.06.

C

Hmmmh that seems quite strange.

I have not (as far as I recall) edited the chatmanager file in the past few releases.

i will have to investigate tonight.

Thank you, Sorcerer. It is a bit odd. I was able to reload before my game started (which fixed a different glitch I was having), but my ability as host to use the /w shortcut was still unavailable to me.

Again, I still was able to use the long form of /whisper.

The other glitch I was experiencing had to do with the ability to re-scale tokens on a map by scrolling the mouse wheel over the token in the CT window. On exiting FG2 completely, and reloading that function returned.

I'll advise if I run into anything else.

C

OK I can confirm that this is a bug, and that the last version where this feature
    was still enabled was v2.05.

currently I am not sure what happened, but I'm working on it.

I just wanted to tell you that (host only) the easiest way to pass a whisper is actually just to type the message and drag and drop onto the characters portrait. Thus no need for a slash command or to specify the recipient.

OK I have tracked down the error.

It seems that I included a file in the patch, but I forgot to tell FG to use this file, rather than the original one included in the ruleset...

not sure why it wasn't intelligent enough to know what to do on its own...but there you go - that's computers for you.

This should therefore be quite a quick fix (I hope)

One question though, whilst I do some more tests (to ensure I don't break anything else)

The standard whisper through the slash command is reported as [w].
    The whisper from drag and drop on the portrait is reported as <whisper>.

do you guys prefer the shortened version or the full version? as it would be simple to change the text whilst I am messing about with this anyway.

Thread Information