DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Error message when dragging npc's into the combat tracker in d&d 3.5

As one of my players is a summoner, I figured I would prepare and create a list of creature npc's, but with some of them, I get this error when they are dragged into the combat tracker:

Script Error: [string "scripts/combattracker_entry_npc.lua"]:283: attempt to call field 'addEffect' (a nil value)

I have an idea its the initiative that bugs out, but as it works on some and not on others, I am quite mystified.

Can anyone explain this to me please?

Vires Animi

One of our developers applied an update to include some of the options from the 4E ruleset, and it appears that they grabbed a piece that is not implemented in 3.5E ruleset yet.

It will only throw an error if the creature you are adding has regeneration or damage reduction. When it does throw an error, the initiative value will not be set as well.

I'll notify the developer.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks for looking into this. This makes a lot of sense all of a sudden.

Best regards.

Vires Animi

Similar Problem with Combat Tracker Script Error 325

Hi, Moon Wizard.

I am having a new script error (325) which reads:

scripts/combattracker.lua 325:attempt to compare nil with number

This error seems limited to just one Personality I recently modified after a level gain. I don't recall it being a problem before so I am guessing some value is wrong or is causing problems. Other (unchanged) Personalities are dragging to CT just fine. I even deleted the troublesome Personality and re-entered his stuff as a new Personality only to see the problem recurr.

Any suggestions?

Ruleset in use is d20_JPG v 3.0.5.

With appreciation.

It appears that the code that is throwing the error is code that generates random hit points for monsters added to the CT. (i.e. the random hit point option is set).

Make sure that the hit dice string matches other strings in the monster manual. (i.e. 1d10, 3d10+12, etc.) Spaces and other characters can cause errors like this.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks, Moon Wizard

I think the error was actually in the way I had entered his weapon values. I compared his (faulty) Personality to one that worked and noticed a comma missing between the damage die/mod and the Crit range.

I guess my grammar teachers were right about the need to ensure correct comma use! Ha!

I appreciate your response.

PS: One oddity about this troublesome Personality's HD though, since you mentioned it, was he had CON of 8 which gives him a -1 HP mod per level. Being third level that means 3d10-3. Is that the exact syntax to be used or would there be any spaces needed between the HD & mod given it's a negative? Just curious.

Travelling right now, and I'm not sure without looking at the code. To be safe, I would put in the same format as the 3.5E Monsters module.

Cheers,
    JPG

Thread Information