STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Here's a shot of what I've altered on my Generic sheets.

Wow! That's gob-smacking!

Stuart

Hey guys, I've just noticed this topic.

There is a brazilian RPG system you probably do not know, it is designed for newbies on RPG. It's so simple that when I was a kid we used to play it anytime and anywhere because we knew the rules by heart. All you need is a d6 and a pen & paper.

It's name is 3d&t wich means "Tokyo Defenders third edition". It's a non-realistic rpg for anime-like games, it was at first intend to be a "Toon" supplement. But it became so widespread and we had lots of adaptations like "Street Fighter" or "Mortal Kombat" "Megaman", yes I played a Megaman pen & paper RPG. :P

Let me explain it briefly from what I can remember:

The character sheed is composed of 5 atributes, advantages and disvantages. You create a character using 12 character points (or even more or less, depending on the campaign and the GM).

Atributes
    Strength (Self explanatory, what you use do deal melee damage)
    Skill (It's your intelligence and your dexterity, you use it to hit enemies)
    Constitution (You get 5 hitpoints per constitution point, self explanatory too)
    Armour (It's what you roll when you get hit to reduce the damage received)
    Firepower (It's what you use to deal ranged damage.)

Advantages
    Here you buy advantages that tweak your character, skill included. Examples:
    Special Attack (1 point), you can make a special attack, reduce your Skill in 1 for this attack but add +2 to the damage.
    Ally (1 point) you have an ally
    Computers Skill (1 point) you know how to use computers (whatever envolving computers)

Disadvantages
    Same as above, but you get points. There is a -4 max limit rule.
    Enemy (-1), you get an enemy
    Devotion (-1), you have to obey your god's will
    Vulnerability (-1 per vulnerability), specify a damage type, you get maximum damage from that kind of source.

Rules
    The atributes range from 0-5, you make an atribute check roling a single d6. If it's the same value or less than your atribute, it's a sucess. A natural 1 is always a success, a natural 6 is always a failure. For each point in Constitution, you get 5 hitpoints.

Combat:
    Roll for "Skill", if you succeed, you hit your target.
    Roll 1d6 for each point in Strength or Firepower (depending on what you used), that's the damage.
    The target rolls 1d6 for each point in Armour it has, reduce this from the damage. You always do at least 1pt of damage if you hit.

Experience points:
    You get 1~5 XP per adventure, you trade 10 points for a character point.
    And, THAT's IT.

It became popular so they started adding things to the system, it became 4d&t, complicated and full of rules. People hated that.

Today there is a "enhanced" version (3d&t Alpha) with extra features, like magic, mana but it's still a simple System designed for new players. You can download and play it for free here.
    This is the new character sheet.
    And this is the rulebook, not so simple as I used to play it (it was a 20 page magazine), but still pretty simple.

Who knows, just who knows if someone could pull this system out on FG2 someday.

Thread Information