• wednesday

1 9.09%
  • thursday

1 9.09%
  • saturday

7 63.64%
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

new campaign: the thing that happened

I'm hosting up a new pathfinder game, would anyone like to join?
    The game is already started and most slots are filled, however, the players are requesting the last slot to be filled by a caster type. We have a fighter, barbarian, 2 rogues, wizard, and a cleric. The game is on saturday nights at 5 pm central (-6gmt) using the pathfinder rulesetting, anything on this site is okay with me https://www.d20pfsrd.com/. anything else take up with me. Apply here and/or on the campaign page on the game calendar. include time zone, and brief character description. Please, if you cannot commit to the game on the given time, please do not apply as session lengths may vary.

This is just a description of the intro setting, enjoy and let me know what you think.

You and your companions live in the area known as Barton Town, a small farming town settled between two rivers. The town rests on a peninsula with a coastline surrounded by the Spraying Mountains. Even miles inland, the smell of the ocean slightly fills the air coming down from the mountains to fill the bowl. The town is surrounded for miles around by crop lands of all sorts, each farmer only producing a specific crop.
    Barton Town rests in the middle of the only fertile land on the peninsula and in the valley between the the surrounding mountain ranges. The crops and cattle are the primary source of economic wealth the town has, with its meager population and small variety of specialties. Few people have ever left Barton Town, and most are grandfathered into their occupations. You, however, have not been given a job of your own yet; instead you help out around town as directed and are cared for by the owner of the only inn, the Rabbit Hole. Your parents left town years ago as part of a large group going to Caramon to barter for a new trade route to Barton Town. While their mision succeeded, they have not been seen since.
    Each year the Summer Solstice celebrates the healthy growth of the crops. Citizens come from miles around to patyicipate in the three day event. The Summer Solstice is the biggest celebration of the year, bigger even than the Winter's Heart Feast. Merchants come through the mountain pass from the city of Caramon to trade for the abundance spring and summer fruits and bring with them gleemen to entertain at the festival. The neighboring town of Kaldor from across the rivers bring mined gold and iron as tribute for providing them with constant food from the only nearest fertile ground.
    Last edited by inuroku842; May 15th, 2011 at 06:55.

I am a fairly experienced DM and I have a lot of fun and new ideas aI am wanting to try with an open party. I am also willing to work in some cool ideas any of my players have. If anyone has any ideas that they would like to see worked into a campaign or a session let me know. I am trying to break away from the same old boring "go kill the bad guys and get massive amounts of cash. yay."

Sounds like fun

sounds like fun. i'd be up for seeing where it goes...

Quote Originally Posted by krazydave
    sounds like fun. i'd be up for seeing where it goes...
    go ahead and apply for the campaign, it'll start in may and I still need players. the campaign name is the OTHER thing that happened on the game calendar.

ill start on some character creation, though I havent played PF yet I may need a little help just to get going. I can do pretty much any night but thursday..

okay, well first session is today at 5pm -6 gmt. i can help you out with whatever you need. pf is a lot like 3.5, i can help you out with the changes

While I've never played Pathfinder, I am curious as to how it plays. I've heard that it is similar to 3.5 D&D, with which I am very familiar with. Does your game have voice chat or is it strictly typing? I am a terrible typist (over 50 yrs old here), but an experienced roleplayer.

If your game is not full, I may be interested in playing an elven monk type.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeParham
    While I've never played Pathfinder, I am curious as to how it plays. I've heard that it is similar to 3.5 D&D, with which I am very familiar with. Does your game have voice chat or is it strictly typing? I am a terrible typist (over 50 yrs old here), but an experienced roleplayer.

If your game is not full, I may be interested in playing an elven monk type.
    feel free to join. the name of the game is the OTHER thing that happened. It plays very similar to 3.5, but is amped up and simplified. characters and classes get more bonuses, and theyve simplified some of the skills and combat. for example, dwarves get +2 con and wis -2 cha instead of a +2 and -2; spot, search, and listen have been grouped into one skill called perception; you simply make a combat manuever check versus an opposed combat manuever defense roll to use special actions such as bull rush, etc. I have slots open and I can work you right in. Today was the first session, but it was mostly character creation. I can work you into next week's with no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by inuroku842
    feel free to join. the name of the game is the OTHER thing that happened. It plays very similar to 3.5, but is amped up and simplified. characters and classes get more bonuses, and theyve simplified some of the skills and combat. for example, dwarves get +2 con and wis -2 cha instead of a +2 and -2; spot, search, and listen have been grouped into one skill called perception; you simply make a combat manuever check versus an opposed combat manuever defense roll to use special actions such as bull rush, etc. I have slots open and I can work you right in. Today was the first session, but it was mostly character creation. I can work you into next week's with no problem.
    Any Chance you could help me out on building my character if you're available some time?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Tail
    Any Chance you could help me out on building my character if you're available some time?
    I can host the game up today at 2pm cst (-6 gmt) for character creation. I'll help you out with the character creation, shouldn't be a problem.

Thread Information