STAR TREK 2d20

Just noticed DND Insider added XML character export...

The extension is .dnd4e - is this the old charater file format, and do any of the old import utils work for this?

One of my players said that my import utility *does* work (to the degree it ever did, anyway).

Yes, it does work with the following caveats:

1) Upload and download the exported DDI character sheet via the server option. I could not get the other upload/download options to work correctly, but it may have just been my ignorance.

2) It won't pull items from your 4e Catalog or loaded modules. It will put placeholders for everything in your inventory and powers onto the new FGII character sheet, but you'll have to pull the rest of the data from the modules yourself.

Thanks to Eugene for this. I think it's going to save a lot of input time because (a) all of the stats and details are automatically populated and (b) (for me) data input is a lot faster when it all takes place inside of FGII. I don't have to look at the paper or CB character sheet, find the item, check it off, go to FGII, find the item, drop it onto the sheet--instead, I just find the item on the FGII sheet, find it in the module, then drop it onto the character sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by EugeneZ
    One of my players said that my import utility *does* work (to the degree it ever did, anyway).

Oh, also, don't use the extension that's included in Eugene's importer. It'll cause errors when you load it, and it isn't necessary for importing the character sheet data.

ok i downloaded the program and it works but is kinda quirky

I exported 4 characters

barbarian
    Hunter
    warlock
    druid

(I am not sure if the class matters)

here is what it is doing

2 of the exports are 100% complete (barbarian, druid)
    all skills/powers/abilities, weapons, and equipment are there (i just have to link them to parsed mods

2 of the exports are incomplete (warlock, hunter)

warlock has no powers (except 2nd wind), and no abilities (or feats)
    the hunter has almost no powers (halfling agility came through) but it does have abilities

both do have weapons but no armor or equipment

is this a converter problem, or is this an export problem?

how can i fix this

also i dont understand the post above me

"Oh, also, don't use the extension that's included in Eugene's importer. It'll cause errors when you load it, and it isn't necessary for importing the character sheet data."

thanks

okkk

I think i got this figured out

on the DDI character sheet, there under "equip character", you need to select each weapon or implement you have to show on the power cards. Before they were not selected the powers and stuff did not show up. did not show up after conversion.

Thread Information