5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 4 of 22 First ... 2345614 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by bnason
    Awesome. Just one question though - I'm a FG newb. I downloaded the WFRP v3.pak file. Do I just drop that in my rulesets folder? That's what I did .... but I don't see an option to load WFRP as a ruleset from my create campaign menu.

Be kind, as I said, I'm new to FG and haven't played around with new rulesets yet.
    No worries. As the ruleset it a PAK file, you will need to place it in the same directory as the fantasygrounds.exe, usually c:\program files\fantasy grounds II\

That should hopefully get you up and running

Quote Originally Posted by Zasuul
    I am able to activate the WFRP v3 - Library in the Modules window, but nothing shows up in the Library. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong. Sorry if I am missing something obvious. I am new to FG II.

Thanks.
    I have resolved the issue with the library - a small typo error on my part. I have updated the files on the website, so try downloading the library again and let me know how you get on.

Quote Originally Posted by neilgfoster
    I have resolved the issue with the library - a small typo error on my part. I have updated the files on the website, so try downloading the library again and let me know how you get on.
    The library is working for me now. Thanks for looking into that.

Hi, nice ruleset!

How easy would it be to have a similar dice pool mechanic, but for normal dice?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyGoblinoid
    Hi, nice ruleset!
    Thanks

How easy would it be to have a similar dice pool mechanic, but for normal dice?
    Do you mean the dice pool box on the desktop? There is an inbuilt die control which handles all the drag and drop, so would be very easy to implement

I'm after a dice pool mechanic exactly like what you have but for normal dice, if you could point me in the right direction, i'll try some cutting and pasting for the Base Ruleset.

Thanks in advance

I'm after a dice pool mechanic exactly like what you have but for normal dice, if you could point me in the right direction, i'll try some cutting and pasting for the Base Ruleset.

Thanks in advance
    Could you be a little more specific about which aspects of the dice pool mechanic you are after? Fantasy Grounds already has a lot of the features built in - I just added the code for the custom dice. I had started with the original foundation ruleset which I think included the ability to create dice pools using a die control.

Let me know the functionality you are interested in, and I do what I can to point you in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by neilgfoster
    Could you be a little more specific about which aspects of the dice pool mechanic you are after? Fantasy Grounds already has a lot of the features built in - I just added the code for the custom dice. I had started with the original foundation ruleset which I think included the ability to create dice pools using a die control.

Let me know the functionality you are interested in, and I do what I can to point you in the right direction.
    I want the bar that runs across the bottom of the chat window, that you can drag dice into, then when you've finished making the pool you can drag it to the chat window, to roll all the dice in the pool.

I want the bar that runs across the bottom of the chat window, that you can drag dice into, then when you've finished making the pool you can drag it to the chat window, to roll all the dice in the pool.
    Cool. I would recommend using the inbuilt control within Fantasy Grounds. This control supports all the functionality for normal dice that you are after:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/diecontrol.xcp

The one included in this ruleset is custom - I wrote it from scratch to support the custom dice, so I would not advise copying it as it would not work in another ruleset without further modification.

A better example is my Warhammer 1st Edition ruleset. This includes a die pool box based on the inbuilt control.

You will need to define a window class that contains the diecontrol:

Code:
    <windowclass name="diebox">
        <sizelimits>
            <minimum>
                <height>30</height>
            </minimum>
        </sizelimits>
        <frame>collector</frame>
            <sheetdata>
                <diecontrol>
                    <bounds>0,0,-1,-1</bounds>