DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 13 of 22 First ... 31112131415 ... Last
    All, Im pleased to announce that a new version of the WFRP 3rd edition ruleset has been released. This version adds the following features:

* Allow library to show in Manage Character mode
    * Add support for retainers to initiative tracker
    * Add support for retainers to followers sheet
    * Add talent slots to npc group sheet
    * Refactor actions and talents on NPC sheet
    * Refactor actions and talents on follower sheet
    * Refactor actions and talent lists on character sheet
    * Add support to track shame and noble rank to character sheet
    * Add strained and fatigued indicator to initiative tracker
    * Add strained and fatigued indicator to character sheet
    * Hide chits and cards when in character creation
    * Hide NPC wounds from players on the Initiative Tracker
    * Add traits to party sheet
    * Add reference class type
    * Add support for symbols font throughout ruleset

Follow the download links in the inital post.

Hi Neil
    Thanks for another release.

I've noticed that the file we add data to is now called client.xml instead of common.xml. I see updates in the client.xml but certain things I don't see updated (such as a traits entry for the party sheets examples)

Though when I run the upgrade it remains a common.xml and entries such as "Follower" aren't updated to "Companions"

Am I doing it wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Thete
    Hi Neil
    Thanks for another release.

I've noticed that the file we add data to is now called client.xml instead of common.xml. I see updates in the client.xml but certain things I don't see updated (such as a traits entry for the party sheets examples)

Though when I run the upgrade it remains a common.xml and entries such as "Follower" aren't updated to "Companions"

Am I doing it wrong?
    I have renamed the file client.xml in order for the library to be visible in the 'Manage Character' mode of FG.

I have forgotten to update the upgrade tool to perform the checks for the changes that I made to the followers. I have split them out so instead of 'Follower' you have 'Pet', 'Horse' and 'Retainer'. I will update the upgrade tool and the example library ASAP.

Thanks for pointing that out.
    Last edited by neilgfoster; February 6th, 2012 at 14:39.

Quote Originally Posted by neilgfoster
    I have renamed the file client.xml in order for the library to be visible in the 'Manage Character' mode of FG.

I have forgotten to update the upgrade tool to perform the checks for the changes that I made to the followers. I have split them out so instead of 'Follower' you have 'Pet', 'Horse' and 'Retainer'. I will update the upgrade tool and the example library ASAP.

Thanks for pointing that out.
    Cheers
    PM me when you get round to uploading that.

Yesterday I have downloaded this wonderful ruleset. I placed the .pak file in the root of FG.

However, when I started to create a character there were no action cards, talents etc... in my database. I had to manually insert everything.

I'm guessing that I'm doing something wrong and that I probably have to download some extra stuff.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I am very new to FG.

Thanks for helping out.

Quote Originally Posted by cutlass
    Yesterday I have downloaded this wonderful ruleset. I placed the .pak file in the root of FG.

However, when I started to create a character there were no action cards, talents etc... in my database. I had to manually insert everything.

I'm guessing that I'm doing something wrong and that I probably have to download some extra stuff.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I am very new to FG.

Thanks for helping out.
    Hi Cutlass,

No, you are not doing anything wrong, the ruleset does not include any of the action/talent cards. You can enter cards manually, or create your own library file to include the details for all the cards that you have.

As this ruleset is not officially endorsed by FFG then I cannot include any of the card details as that would be a breach of their copyright. I have spoken with Smiteworks, who have spoken with FFG, but the last I heard was that they are not currently interested in licensing Smiteworks to produce official rulesets for their games.

Oww, I cannot believe that. It will take forever to insert all those cards.!

I suppose that someone here has already created a library for their own? If so pls share, otherwise I'll be forced to do something else, like 2nd edition or another game entirely.

While I do understand the copyright issues I don't think this ruleset is usable without access to the ... err.. rules...

I have created a fanpage for WFRP and emailed FFG beforehand, they said, as long as you provide the footer tecxt (as in my site) there will be no problem. If they feel copyright infringed, they will contact you to ask to take down the infringement.

Here's the link to my site: www.cutlass.be/wfrp

While I do understand the copyright issues I don't think this ruleset is usable without access to the ... err.. rules...
    The main issue here is recreating action, talent, insanity, disease, etc., etc., cards that would be a direct violation of copyright and would, in some instances, stop people purchasing FFG products. WFRP3 doesn't have anything like an OGL or similar.

As a very basic example - what about the new print-on-demand products? These are purely cards. If these were included in the FG ruleset, then players/GMs wouldn't buy the print-on-demand cards. The same could be said for adding the cards from the main-set/guides/vaults - if the bulk of the rules that is used during the game (i.e. the cards) is provided in the ruleset, then FFG are missing out on sales.

Obviously, this is just my opinion and some would argue that allowing for a paid ruleset would bring more revenue and would introduce more players to WFRP3 and might enhance sales of the print product. But, gaming companies can be strange about these things - even more so when you have the traditionally copyright heavy enforcing Games Workshop in the background!

I have created a fanpage for WFRP and emailed FFG beforehand, they said, as long as you provide the footer tecxt (as in my site) there will be no problem. If they feel copyright infringed, they will contact you to ask to take down the infringement.
    Great site! However, I think you still don't understand copyright - there are a bunch of images in here (not just from FFG products) that shouldn't be made public without the author's consent or adhering to the relevant community use policies. I don't want to rain on your parade or be the copyright-police, but stuff like this has been brought to my attention before when I had posted community use stuff on the web. For example, you include an image of the Paizo/Pathfinder iconic Gnome bard - which is fine, as along as you adhere to the Paizo community use policy as detailed on their website.

As I say, I used to be similar to you - posting things for community use/non profit, but I was still infringing copyright. Some companies will probably ignore you (most will) but some companies or individual artists might take exception to their hard work/commerical property being posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe
    Great site! However, I think you still don't understand copyright - there are a bunch of images in here (not just from FFG products) that shouldn't be made public without the author's consent or adhering to the relevant community use policies.
    Thanks, in fact I used to be more concious about my infringements on copyright, but seeing other totally ignore that I decided my own policy would be: I'll ask the company beforehand, or, (especially in the case of images) ignore copyright laws until someone tells me to take it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe
    As I say, I used to be similar to you - posting things for community use/non profit, but I was still infringing copyright. Some companies will probably ignore you (most will) but some companies or individual artists might take exception to their hard work/commerical property being posted.
    I understand that and while it may look like I'm willing to dicuss copyright policies, in fact I am not
    I just want to be able to use this system as a GM without offering up weeks/months of my valuable free time to fill up a database.
    The thing is, if I do that, then I am also infringing on copyright rules by providing this stuff to my players. And while it may take the blame from the module creator or even FG to myself, the result is the same.
    If I abandon this ruleset for 2nd edition, I think I will be able to use it with no problem because I think that all talents and skills, careers are included in the set (Did not take a look yet). You probably understand what I'm saying here. But again, I don't want to start a copyright discussion, I just want to play.

Actually I was hoping that someone here has already made good use of this ruleset and created their own Library. I would be very happy if they are willing to share this library "under the counter".

Also, just to make sure I am no actual real pirate, I have bought every item FFG released for WFRP3, except the print on demand and the adventures. I do drink rum though Arr!

EDIT: Hmm, I stand corrected WFRPV2 does not have a Library/database either...
    Last edited by cutlass; March 13th, 2012 at 22:11.

Hello All,

We ran very successful demos with FG2 and the WFRP3 ruleset created by Neil Foster. The adventure was A Day Late, A Shilling Short, a demo adventure created by Fantasy Flight Games for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 3rd.

Below are links to the screenshot of the adventure. The 1st demo adventure ended with the party successfully rescuing Rutgar and recuperating the package... however, Birgitta was captured by the beastmen leader at the very last second before her final escape... Her fate is unknown...

If you are interested in trying Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 3rd edition, head to the WFRP3 Virtual RPG Google Group and register. We will be running other demos ~mid-June. You do not need to own FG2 or WFRP3 to participate in the demo.

We will also running mini-adventures, where you would need to have WFRP3 Player's Guide to participate.

Cheers
    Ceodryn

Screenshot 1: A Chance Meeting

Screenshot 2: A Missing Coach

Screenshot 3: Dirty Dealings

Screenshot 4: Time to Run

Screenshot 5: Where is Birgitta?

Thread Information