STAR TREK 2d20

Assign Token to PC

I can't figure out how to assign a token to a PC so that whenever I drag them onto the Initiative tracker, the correct token is added. Right now it's only dragging a mini version of the PC portrait but it's not at the same scale as my tokens so I need to assign a token somewhere.
    Thanks!

you need to make a token the same size as the ones that you use normally.
    put it in you tokens folder and open your campaign, the open the token box (lower right side) select the token by dragging it to the token holder on the character or combat tracker line.

and it should work fine for you.

Chris
    Last edited by madman; February 24th, 2011 at 18:29.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Other rulesets allow you to associate a GM token with a PC, meaning when you drag the PC into a combat tracker or image window, it will use that token in preference to the default one (which might be the wrong scale, as noted).

The Savage Ruleset does not support this currently, but it's certainly on my list of future improvements to add in.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuub
    I can't figure out how to assign a token to a PC so that whenever I drag them onto the Initiative tracker, the correct token is added. Right now it's only dragging a mini version of the PC portrait but it's not at the same scale as my tokens so I need to assign a token somewhere.
    Thanks!
    What size do you want the tokens to be?

FGII SW defaults to 32x32 I believe

I have done it before by hacking the ruleset and change the token_mask.png files, but I'll see if I can make it an extension.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Should be easy to make an extension, but it would probably have to have one (or a finite set of) supported resolution(s), as you need to modify the pixel size of the token_mask.png accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by phantomwhale
    Other rulesets allow you to associate a GM token with a PC, meaning when you drag the PC into a combat tracker or image window, it will use that token in preference to the default one (which might be the wrong scale, as noted).

The Savage Ruleset does not support this currently, but it's certainly on my list of future improvements to add in.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking of. I did not think it was ruleset specific. It would be nice to have a token that's different from the portrait. I've been using these tokens https://www.immortalnights.com/token...okenpacks.html but I can't assign one to a character unless I change each combat tracker manually. It's nice to be able to just drag the PC onto the combat tracker and have the token be the right one.

Thread Information