DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Adventure Deck?

Adventure Deck?

Does anyone have a working Adventure Deck like this:https://www.studio2publishing.com/sh...oducts_id=3356

Do you mean a hard copy? I own one and use it in my offline gaming sessions. It ca be a lot of fun.

It's a nightmare trying to use it in FGII at the mo'

Though my current GM insists though last night when we all had 4-5 cards each (lots of 'play a card and everyone gets a card' were used).

Basically he has a deck he deals out and then shares the image of the card with the relevant player, which works to a degree but once we start swapping them around it slows things down.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Sounds like a job for some kind of Image or Window Ownership.
    Or an Inventory item of some kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk
    It's a nightmare trying to use it in FGII at the mo'

Though my current GM insists though last night when we all had 4-5 cards each (lots of 'play a card and everyone gets a card' were used).

Basically he has a deck he deals out and then shares the image of the card with the relevant player, which works to a degree but once we start swapping them around it slows things down.

Quote Originally Posted by CAPryde
    Do you mean a hard copy? I own one and use it in my offline gaming sessions. It ca be a lot of fun.
    No, I have a hard copy, I was meaning a FG version. It would be cool to have. Sounds like it's a "no" at this point.

Happy to try and code up an extension at some point, but suspect copyright might be the blocker here.

Maybe Smiteworks could talk to Pinnacle about providing an official Savage Worlds Adventure Deck add-on (or integrate it into the main ruleset, which would be cool for those who already own it !)

The new adventure deck is shortly being released, so might be worth trying then.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Previously, I tried the method of shuffling and dealing from my physical deck, then displaying the appropriate card via an image. Worked okay, but for my latest game, I took the deck, various add on cards, and pulled the ones I wanted into a table format. I whittled the list down to 64 so I can have players roll a d8 twice to generate which card they get. Then I just note on scratch paper who got what. On the off chance someone rolls a duplicate, they get to reroll. This will become more likely as they go up in rank and each get more cards, but it kept me from having to print a bunch of new setting specific cards and creating their corresponding image for FG as I only have one table that needs to be shared. Of course I may decide just to allow duplicates rather than deal with rerolls.

Blog Entries
    Pinnacle has been open to licensing all of their products with us so far, so as long as we offer it for sale and link it to their same product SKUs, we should be fine from a royalty perspective.

Have asked Doug about producing an extension for the adventure deck next (after I'm done with Deadlands:Reloaded) - until then, sounds like we've got some good makeshift solutions above for those interested in using adventure deck cards.

I am presuming the cards (due out March 2011) are just hard copies of the PDF (already on sale via Studio2 publishing) ? Hence a virtual copy based off the PDF cards would be the latest deck, I believe.

Thread Information