5E Character Create Playlist

Where to download scraper?

I'm looking to download the 4E scraper program, but all I can seem to find are .msi files. Are these somehow used independently? Is there some kind of guide that takes you from start to finish on using this stuff?

msi files are Microsoft Windows Install files. The 4E Parser was written in .NET which requires windows to run.
    • Trying to find a community Ruleset, Extension or Information on how to complete a process? Try FGRepository.
    • PM Myself if you have new or updated community Rulesets, Extensions or Information that you'd like added to FGRepository.

Quote Originally Posted by drahkar
    The 4E Parser was written in .NET which requires windows to run.
    That's actually not strictly true. Mono is a set of .NET libraries for non-Windows-based systems. I've never asked Tenian to compile the parser under Mono, but I suspect the biggest roadblock will be the dialogs and such which use the Windows.Forms namespace rather than any of the actual parsing code. Although I haven't played with Mono for a while, maybe they now implement Windows.Forms using GTK or something....

Mind you, this has nothing at all to do with the original poster's question. An MSI is a Windows installer and will install the parser.

Thread Information