5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Test Release 2.7.5

UPDATED: 2011-02-02

Please see the sticky thread on public testing if you want to be involved. Only the Test mode slot contains this version.

As always, please make a backup of your campaign before opening with a test release.

I will update this thread as I release new iterations of the test version.

Thanks,
    JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; February 2nd, 2011 at 23:10.

UPDATED: 2011-02-02

• Improved support for non-English Latin-based languages.
    • Additional information in console on network errors.
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; February 2nd, 2011 at 23:10.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by moon_wizard
    • Improved support for non-English Latin-based languages.
    moon - could you elaborate on what should now work, is it simply an expanded set of non-english characters within the Latin based char set?

Is FGII still limited to the ISO-8859-1 or has this change now opened up other charsets e.g.

charset=iso-8859-1 (Western Alphabet)
    charset=iso-8859-2 (Central European Alphabet (ISO))
    charset=iso-8859-3 (Latin 3 Alphabet (ISO))
    charset=utf-8 (Universal Alphabet (UTF-8))
    charset=windows-1250 (Central European Alphabet (Windows))
    charset=windows-1252 (Western Alphabet (Windows)

Thanks - I only ask as I have two players in Greece who won't leave me alone requesting a conversion of the 4E ruleset into a Greek version!!!
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

It's only a workaround that should address issues related to whether a given character is considered part of the valid alphabet.

For special characters, such as umlaut and cedilla characters, the LUA string functions should now correctly treat them as valid characters. Essentially, it is just a change for how the LUA string functions handle the %w and %x pattern matching.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    OK, thanks for clarifying.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Minor update to add more information when file downloads fail.
    JPG

players getting booted

I've noticed that every time I DM or play a FG game, one or more players get booted from Fantasy Grounds one or more times. This has been happening for the last few versions (don't know exactly, but last 2 or 3 versions at least).

The player will just disappear from FG (everyone including me can see them disappear). They will have to log back in once their FG app gets back to the main screen; they log back in and we continue playing--just annoying. Next time it happens, I'll ask the player to get the log file (and I'll check mine).

We're always running Skype at the same time, and they don't get a Skype outage, just FG, so probably not a network issue (although it's possible it is a network issue, but Skype just tolerates network hiccups better--don't know)

anyone else see this happen? I can't be the only one???

@ bradbdavis We have the same in our group, though it's always the same player which drops out (or me if I play and he's the GM).

Hi!

Check out this thread. I have had the problem you seek and my attempts to fix it.

While I'm upgrading to windows 7 and will see how it goes, I am increasingly feeling its an FG issues. I also feel it has increased since a few updates ago.

Primarch

Make sure to check the console.log file whenever something like this happens. Hopefully, it was a captured event in FG that will be tracked there. The console.log will be reset when you start FG again. (not just return to launcher).

Any information you can provide would be helpful. Also, are you using this v2.7.5 build, or the current release?

Thanks,
    JPG

Thread Information