5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 9 of 9 First ... 789

Thread: iPad App

Have the host client transmit certain details to a central server - connect the app to the central server. Most every problem with Apple solved instantly. Feel like we've discussed this path before, in the past.

I don't even need to see the code to declare it would be a modest undertaking, almost everything is likely already there just needing a little refactoring (based on current application behavior). Setting up the services, infrastructure, and apps being the larger side of the resource requirements and even those aren't a particularly large undertaking these days - everyone's doing things like this (it's just data at the end of the day), in every industry.

This is also an opportunity for SW... current business model likely can't (or shouldn't) support the costs of these expanded features. Good opportunity to make more money with a modest subscription service. Being a business and all...I'd drop everything else I was doing to pick up an extra revenue stream.

Does SW have the right skill sets to implement this successfully? That I couldn't answer but if no one has any mobile app experience and/or limited cloud experience it's going to take longer and be riskier, but it isn't 1000s of hours of work.

Thank you, High Templar, and everyone else. I appreciate the insights.

Would FGU lend itself to two open browser windows on the same cpu for different accounts on the same session? Or can two players share the same account access to the same game session?

Brad
    Bradley Martin

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bmartin1086 View Post
    Thank you, High Templar, and everyone else. I appreciate the insights.

Would FGU lend itself to two open browser windows on the same cpu for different accounts on the same session? Or can two players share the same account access to the same game session?

Brad
    FG doesn't use a browser. But, you can start a second (or more) instance of FG on the same computer. But, they all need to use the same user login and license. This works great for a second instance to either simulate a player view, or to show a player view on a second monitor etc.

Not sure what your use case or desire is, but it would probably be best to start a new thread so we don't confuse the discussion in this thread.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I don't disagree with you fatherofnine. I also have the full package but have yet to use it. I ended up buying the D&D Beyond products for that purpose. Works well for just the scenario you mentioned.

Thread Information