DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Thanks a bunch, DrZeuss An evaluation copy would probably be the way to go.

Also, I will probably be contacting you in the near future for help with your tools. I'm not really sure about what the exact purpose of each one is, but maybe it will become more apparent as I learn FGII itself.

I hope you don't mind me hijacking your thread, but I had some questions in addition to yours and thought I'd post them here.

1. Is there a demo version that has any 4e stuff in it?
    2. Is there some way to set up quests and mark them as active or completed?
      Notes looks like it can store some of this stuff, but I'd like to make my own section just for quests. I'd really like a table where I could maybe put level, reward, description and status (active/completed) and filter the list to hide completed items.
    3. Is there some way I can make a check-box list for the players to see objectives they've completed?
      I'd like to tie this to a story element. For instance, the PCs could be in a dungeon where they have to close the Demon Gate of Inexplicable Evil and rescue the prisoners in the basement. It'd be nice to have a little check-box list with those two items in it that I can tick off as they're completed.

Basically, I just want an easy way to make sure we're on the same page every time we play, and I'd prefer to not have to use another tool to hold all my campaign information. I'm guessing there are no flowchart capabilities in this program.

Quote Originally Posted by Dickie
    I hope you don't mind me hijacking your thread, but I had some questions in addition to yours and thought I'd post them here.

1. Is there a demo version that has any 4e stuff in it?
    2. Is there some way to set up quests and mark them as active or completed?
      Notes looks like it can store some of this stuff, but I'd like to make my own section just for quests. I'd really like a table where I could maybe put level, reward, description and status (active/completed) and filter the list to hide completed items.
    3. Is there some way I can make a check-box list for the players to see objectives they've completed?
      I'd like to tie this to a story element. For instance, the PCs could be in a dungeon where they have to close the Demon Gate of Inexplicable Evil and rescue the prisoners in the basement. It'd be nice to have a little check-box list with those two items in it that I can tick off as they're completed.

Basically, I just want an easy way to make sure we're on the same page every time we play, and I'd prefer to not have to use another tool to hold all my campaign information. I'm guessing there are no flowchart capabilities in this program.
    1. Not presently, but I believe the demo will be updated at some point.
    2. I'm sure you could create an extension that allows this, but I'm not aware of one. For 4E I'd check out Dr Zeuss' Party Sheet and other extensions. Personally I'd just use a story sheet to simulate this, but haven't found it necessary to keep things like this within FG (I prefer using a combination of MS OneNote, Google Docs and to some extent EpicWords.com).
    3. See 2.

Thread Information