FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    I worked around it by creating a bunch of global controls that compiled the information seperately and then are referenced when I double click the pool to roll it. Not as pretty as dragging the dice, but it works.
    • Trying to find a community Ruleset, Extension or Information on how to complete a process? Try FGRepository.
    • PM Myself if you have new or updated community Rulesets, Extensions or Information that you'd like added to FGRepository.

Bump.

Im just wondering if, with the release of 2.8, if there is anyway to achieve the results as posted at the start of the thread - i.e. to start a drag operation from code, rather than from the user actually dragging and dropping.

I would like to be able for a user to right click on a custom desktop panel, select an option, and the code to start a new drag operation - just like when you right click on a dice, select the number, and suddendly you have X number of dice under the mouse pointer.

MoonWizard - if your reading this, do you know if is possible and if not, could it be included for a future release? It would be very nice to have.

Thanks.

No, there is no mechanism for doing that.

It actually gets a bit complicated in the code, since the drag operation has to make assumptions about the state that may not be true in the scenario you describe. (i.e. either mouse button clicked down and up to select menu option, so no mouse button down currently.)

Your best bet currently is to make separate draggable control objects for each type of drag.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information