DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 12 of 12 First ... 2101112

Thread: NWoD: Update

Hi.

I am new here, but like many others, came specifically for the CoD setting. I've begun creating a chronicle, but had some questions for you guys.

1) is there any way to change the background? When I load all the modules, I'm wondering if there is a desktop for say Requiem, and a different one for Forsaken that can be changed.

2) is there any way to add more buttons to the sidebar? As i'm new, I would much rather have the ability to use buttons such as: NPC's, Parcels, Organizations, Locations, etc. Is there a way to add in the buttons I want?

3) is there any way to use a different Library window? I've seen the wood theme, and their library allows for setup of different views, and exporting. There are features that I would love to be able to use, as starting out, i would love the flexibility of customizing the available information.

4) when creating a new antagonist, it seems as though Humans are the only option. Would it be possible to incorporate the template selection, as you can when creating a character? (In other words, can we have the ability to create/select say a mage, werewolf, geist, etc from the antagonist window?

5) As i'm new, I haven't really tried this, but wanted to ask: one of the features i'd like would be the ability to "store" commonly-used abilities, skills, disciplines, etc. I'm mainly thinking of information that would be found on the DM screen, and/or commonly-used thinkgs such as Initiative, Enhanced sight (Auspex), and others. can anyone offer a few suggestions on how they overcame this, or is there something i'm missing in the extension?

Any and all help is appreciated!!

Is it worth checking out the new Vampire the Masquerade v5 on roll20? I know they have some functionality and didnt want to dive into roll20 if v5 was being worked on for Fantasy Grounds. We are almost done with our D&D 5e game and Vampire the Masquerade is our next game.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGM View Post
    I know they have some functionality and didnt want to dive into roll20 if v5 was being worked on for Fantasy Grounds.
    It's in the works: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post411676
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Lensman View Post
    Hi.

I am new here, but like many others, came specifically for the CoD setting. I've begun creating a chronicle, but had some questions for you guys.

1) is there any way to change the background? When I load all the modules, I'm wondering if there is a desktop for say Requiem, and a different one for Forsaken that can be changed.

2) is there any way to add more buttons to the sidebar? As i'm new, I would much rather have the ability to use buttons such as: NPC's, Parcels, Organizations, Locations, etc. Is there a way to add in the buttons I want?

3) is there any way to use a different Library window? I've seen the wood theme, and their library allows for setup of different views, and exporting. There are features that I would love to be able to use, as starting out, i would love the flexibility of customizing the available information.

4) when creating a new antagonist, it seems as though Humans are the only option. Would it be possible to incorporate the template selection, as you can when creating a character? (In other words, can we have the ability to create/select say a mage, werewolf, geist, etc from the antagonist window?

5) As i'm new, I haven't really tried this, but wanted to ask: one of the features i'd like would be the ability to "store" commonly-used abilities, skills, disciplines, etc. I'm mainly thinking of information that would be found on the DM screen, and/or commonly-used thinkgs such as Initiative, Enhanced sight (Auspex), and others. can anyone offer a few suggestions on how they overcame this, or is there something i'm missing in the extension?

Any and all help is appreciated!!
    Sorry for the late reply, but I can give you the answers.

1. Changing the background is not the most complex thing, nor is it the easiest. With that said there's quite a bit of flexibility if you are willing to put in a fairly minor amount of work. The *EASIEST* way to modify the background would be to open the Extensions folder and look at one of the extensions that SmiteWorks provides and modify the files inside the directory to match what you want. A great thread I've found a ton of good information on is here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...create+a+theme which is about someone modifying the Curse of Strahd theme and the DOE extension all at the same time. A little time messing around can give you amazing insight into LUA and how to make things happen.

2. The buttons are a function of the ruleset as it's written (and any ruleset modifying extension). This is actually kind of part of Answer 1 as well. In order for there to be functions like you are asking for, you'd need to add functionality to the system. The WoD rules are not written from the Core codebase, and as such the DOE extension won't load (which would give you nearly all of the functionality you are asking for). Parcels unfortunately are part of the Core rules, and if the WoD rules were re-written to sync up with Core... I think you see where this is heading.

3. This is going to sound somewhat repetitive, but here goes. the library functions in the WoD rules are (you guessed it) written into the WoD rules, and (once again) not based on the Core rules. If it was you'd have the functionality of the Core rules in WoD.

4. Huh... Imagine that. I never noticed that in the rules. You are 100% correct. I've always made primary antagonists as PCs and I never even noticed the lack of functionality... That is a bit of oddness there isn't it? So that being said... Punt? I'd just load the supernatural modifiers you are using in our game (for example werewolf) and that way you'd get the werewolf and mortal sheets for the PCs and use those.

5. Since the ruleset isn't an 'official' one, the actual game system rules aren't written into the ruleset/extensions. You'd have to provide the information yourself, which is a butt-load of typing, but until White Wolf actually says "Yes, let's do a Fantasy Grounds official ruleset." you'll never see all of the information from the books without a significant amount of work on your end. Since I actually do run WoD games I have recreated the important info from many of the books, exported them and turned them into modules which I load as needed during game play.

I've been toying with a dangerous idea lately to use the Opening the Dark rules to create a baseline ruleset built on Core for WoD/CoD games, but to be totally honest I don't need another hobby, my wife thinks I have more than enough as is.

For the short term, to gain the functionality you want you could just run the game using the Core rules I've seen a tutorial around somewhere that goes into 'how to modify the character sheet' for the Core rules and while you do lose the nifty check boxes, the gains are pretty darned substantial.
    Last edited by Mirloc; February 5th, 2019 at 16:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Do you know if its an official ruleset from Whitewolf?

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGM View Post
    Do you know if its an official ruleset from Whitewolf?
    I don't know. I'd recommend asking the poster in that thread.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information