DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Is there a new update anywhere? This file seems to be corrupt, whether I try to open it with FG or an XML-Editor. I would really like to not have just spent $134 on a product I can't use for my game...

Welcome to the FG forums flice!

Try this: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Core-Extension
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks a bunch, that was super fast. I will give it a try, but the German version was much more in depth. I thought the file was corrupt, I get a meesage that "--" is not allowed in an XML-file. But it works for a friend of mine - do you have any idea why it might not for me? Should I look in a different forum, if so where?
    Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by flice View Post
    Thanks a bunch, that was super fast. I will give it a try, but the German version was much more in depth. I thought the file was corrupt, I get a meesage that "--" is not allowed in an XML-file. But it works for a friend of mine - do you have any idea why it might not for me?
    I'm guessing that you're on FG Unity and your friend is on FG Classic?

FG Unity has a stricter XML checker that FGC and so some code that ran OK on FG Classic OK needs to be edited to allow it to run on FGU. The error should have indicated where the issue was, so it should be pretty easy to fix.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

And yes, he has Classic, I have Unity.

Quote Originally Posted by flice View Post
    Screenshot.jpg

I have no idea what that means
    It means that on line 4, 3rd character of gameelements.xml there is invalid XML. That file would need to be edited in the ruleset to remove the error.

Unfortunately, I know a lot more about The Dark Eye than XML programming �� I have couple of friends I can ask, sounds like it's not too hard, if you know how. Thanks a bunch!!

I'd be very interested in a fixed version as well. I have both FG:C and Unity. It runs fine in Classic, but won't load in Unity, as it produces errors. I managed to fix some of them (with a simple text editor), but actually there are quite a few...and to be honest...I am not sure, if I am doing it right

Quote Originally Posted by johnalexanderb View Post
    I'd be very interested in a fixed version as well. I have both FG:C and Unity. It runs fine in Classic, but won't load in Unity, as it produces errors. I managed to fix some of them (with a simple text editor), but actually there are quite a few...and to be honest...I am not sure, if I am doing it right
    Hi! If you send me the detailed error messages together with the corrupted files, I can try to fix them for you. Just upload the error messages as a text file together with the other files on any filehoster and PM me the link.

Thread Information