DICE PACKS BUNDLE

player portraits

i'm probably doing something stupid but I can't figure out how to pull up player portraits and assign them to the players in SW. In the CoC rule set it's easy as there is a shortcut icon in top right already.

Any help?

The portraits in SW should be in the same place as CoC...
    but portraits are only available to players
    if you are logging on as the GM then you will not see this link.

Thanks I see that now! Another question though. I tried adding new pictures to the portraits folder but it's not showing up for the players. I made all the images 63x63 and they are png files. I looked in the library here for info and that's all it said you needed to do.

Blog Entries
    Portraits are only uploaded and usable by players. You'd have to zip the portraits, email it to them and then they have to put it in their portrait folder.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Took me almost the whole 3-4 hour PC generating session to guide one of my players (a good friend) to get her portrait running. FGII App. data is installed in a "hidden folder", and for her level of technical expertise, it totally blind-sided her.

I think portrait set up is one of the things that could be made much easier for new players. Or at least documented much better !

If you are walking a player through anything to do with the data app folder always have the player use the short cut in the Fantasy Grounds group on the start button since Windows hides it's application data folders by default. Also you don't have to worry about what version of Windows they have since it's located on different places depending on the version.

Quote Originally Posted by Mask_of_winter
    Portraits are only uploaded and usable by players. You'd have to zip the portraits, email it to them and then they have to put it in their portrait folder.
    Not strictly true I add portraits all the time when I am creating pre-gens for my Savage Saturday sessions:

This was the original post..
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk
    Not strictly true I add portraits all the time when I am creating pre-gens for my Savage Saturday sessions:

This was the original post..
    I didnt know about doing it that way. I open a second FG2 and join the game as a player to do that.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Quote Originally Posted by Mask_of_winter
    I didnt know about doing it that way. I open a second FG2 and join the game as a player to do that.
    In some ways that's easier, but then you need to release the ownership of the PC to allow someone else to pick them (and I always forget to do it every now and again)
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Thread Information