DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Controlling image scale and position in modules. A bug?

I searched, and may have missed this, but I am getting different results between older and newer modules:

On older modules, pre-distributed to players, I am able to control the player's view and zoom, i.e. scale and position, on maps and any other images. It works perfectly, with total control.

On newer modules, created exactly the same way (in recent months) and also pre-distributed, I can't control scale and position on the client.

The inability to control images in modules was discussed recently in this thread:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=13700

And the imminently quotable Griogre, among others, said it's not possible to set the map position except by sharing.

But I can set the map position -- but only on older modules.

So is this a bug? If it's previously reported and I missed it, sorry. In either case, are there plans to correct it?

Thanks.

If not by sharing, how do you "set the map position" on maps in older modules? Do you mean that when you change your viewport, it automatically changes it on the client viewport, without you needing to right-click and click "Update Shared Sheet" or whatever?

I think you may have misunderstood what Griogre said in that thread (or perhaps I did). It's my impression that he meant that for a player to be able to see an entire map at the same time, you must make it the same size as the viewport -- since a player cannot zoom on his own, you must make the entire map viewable.

I can pan, zoom, and resize maps from both old and new modules by doing these things using keyboard shortcuts or the gold "compass" button on the bottom right, then right clicking the image and updating it, which shares your changes with the players.

Hmm. Sorry for not being totally clear.

I do right click the image and "update" it to players. When I do this on older modules, the player view changes to match mine. But when I do this on newer modules, the player's map doesn't respond at all. No change whatsoever.

Any idea why this might be happening on newer modules but not the older ones?

Are the data structures in the newer modules different than the older modules? Or is the location of the image files in the modules different?

If you are not familiar with the internals of the module file, you can send an example of working and non-working to [email protected], and I will take a look.

Cheers,
    JPG

My bad. You'd think after years of using modules I could get the host/client thing right, but that was the problem. Brain slip. But thanks for the prompt offer of support. Appreciate it.

Thread Information