DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Also I would just like to playback some epic fights in 3D.

Quote Originally Posted by Acroyear
    And I'm still wondering why no one has a built VTT interface to play 3.x utilizing the NWN engine. Licensing issues aside.
    3D would greatly increase the time taken to build maps, at least with FGII I can just find a pre-drawn map on the web.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Or you would end up with something like the Neverwinter Nights map maker (prebuilt objects, modding community, etc.)

I don't know details about it but maybe that new title "Neverwinter" is going to have an editor as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk
    3D would greatly increase the time taken to build maps, at least with FGII I can just find a pre-drawn map on the web.

Blog Entries
    Well I wasn't expecting to get in but I just received an invitation to the D&D Virtual Table Beta for Friends & Family from Wizards.

I haven't had a chance to take it for a spin yet as I am awaiting my account to be activated but I am curious if anyone else from the FG community is participating? if so, please PM me and perhaps we can setup a quick game.

DrZ.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

I'm thinking the "Neverwinter" MMO is the direction they ultimately want to go, with subscribers being given the chance to create their own adventures or dungeons. Kind of along the lines of what they did with City of Heroes/City of Villians MMO. The thing is Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited is IMHO a great MMO, but it is still 3.X, not exactly true to it, but does a great job. Neverwinter will allow a full court press into showcasing the 4E ruleset in the virtual world. So I'm a bit perplexed at the VTT they are doing. I mean, hey its out there, but perhaps they are simply just looking at different markets and good on them for trying. But I'm happy with FGII.
    Fantasy Grounds II Ultimate License Holder
    Castles & Crusades Ruleset
    Savage Worlds Deluxe Ruleset
    Mutants & Masterminds 3e Ruleset
    Dungeons & Dragons 5e Ruleset
    Pathfinder 1e Ruleset
    Dungeons & Dragons Classics - AD&D 1e/2e Ruleset
    Dungeon Crawl Classics Ruleset
    Swords & Wizardry Ruleset

Currently Running: S&W Complete (Blackscale Lagoon)

Quote Originally Posted by DrZeuss
    Well I wasn't expecting to get in but I just received an invitation to the D&D Virtual Table Beta for Friends & Family from Wizards.

I haven't had a chance to take it for a spin yet as I am awaiting my account to be activated but I am curious if anyone else from the FG community is participating? if so, please PM me and perhaps we can setup a quick game.

DrZ.
    DrZ - I am part of the Beta and have tinkered with the tool a bit so far. I've found it to be a first step but definitely couldn't replace my use of FGII. The lack of automation is the issue for me. I also feel that the story boxes are an afterthought having relegated them to "notes" pages. On the flip side, I like the integrated tiles function.

So, anyway... I'll be interested to see how the actual product turns out. I have to agree with the poster about Neverwinter being their substitute for the 3D fully automated D&D experience. Honestly I am very excited about that and hope the Neverwinter mod community takes to it like they've done NWN 1&2.

Hye Roler
    PST (GMT-8) Evening and Weekend Gamer

I also am in the beta testing group and tried it out; however, it is so early in the stage that it really doesn't compare to much. As someone else mentioned it is really similar to maptools. The area I was really hoping for was the integration part. With modes for 4e and the ability to scrape books, using FGII for characters and the combat tracker, along with many of the extensions (Zeuss and I forget the other guy who created the lore one), it allows for very good integration...which at this point is lacking with the wotc vt. Thus after spending several hours playing around, I haven't checked back because again it felt like a dressed up version of maptools.

I do hope it will continue to push FGII to work on the programs mapping capabilities, which at this point, I see as a weakness compared to other vt's.
    --Doc Waldo

Blog Entries
    Thanks guys.

I too have only just played around with the tool for a short while. It seems a step in the right direction but I agree there is a long way to go before its in a strong position to threaten FGII.

I too like the integrated tiles and mapping features, having said that it would not take that much effort to deliver something similar in FGII.We already have a prototype for multi-layer maps with adapted token support for map tiles. The recent addition of the toolbar for images also paves the way for enhanced drawing/masking capabilities in the future too.

The lack of automation whilst enabling a rules agnostic engine for Wizards, drives too much effort for the DM and players to get a game going at the moment. I used a pre-built adventure which contains a selection of pre-generated NPCs but it still took forever to key in all my Story, PC and misc. data. Here's hoping they build in some import/export capabilities between the all the new online tools.

I do like the integrated voice changer for the built in VoIP functionality though, I hope this is expanded upon in the future to include more archetype voices.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Blog Entries
    What's the connection with GameTable Online, anyone know?

GameTable Online is the platform they used to develop the D&D VT. It is something they've used before for other IP Wizards owns. i.e. Axis and Allies.
    PST (GMT-8) Evening and Weekend Gamer

Thread Information