FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    I miss read the location of the ruleset folder in the txt. fixed it and now its working , . i was worried that when the rulesets switched to the pak files that the older rulesets would no longer work. so im a happy customer now

Blog Entries
    Glad it got sorted. We do hope to improve upon it for a future release and that will include one of the updated installers. Thanks for sticking with it and please let us know if you need any further assistance.

hey i was wondering if you guys will put an official ruleset and modules for 2E into the program my friends and i are having problems finding modules for 2E

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greenduck6 View Post
    hey i was wondering if you guys will put an official ruleset and modules for 2E into the program my friends and i are having problems finding modules for 2E
    Hey there.

I'm pretty sure the 2E ruleset that exists hasn't had anything done to it in quite a while (someone will correct me if I'm wrong... they always do), and wasn't an official production to begin with.

If you are looking for a ruleset to capture that "old school" feel, you should take a gander at Castles & Crusades. I run a lot of old AD&D and 2E stuff and it ports over almost effortlessly (i.e. little conversion needed) to C&C.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    We don't have any plans to do anything official at this stage. With it being an older game system, we'd really have to weigh the time investment with the return. If we had an actual license to carry the adventures officially, then it might swing it more in favor of us doing one. For now, the last I was aware of was a community made ruleset to support it. You can get it on the wiki page here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...hp/Ruleset:_2E

I still think there would be a lot of interest in 2e if there was an actual official rule set for it. There are a lot of players coming into FG now for D&D now 5e is on here, and many might be players who play 2e. Or have played 2e in the past. I myself am looking for more 2e support and I am disheartened by it a bit. Some of the best times I've has was playing 2e. I have no idea about policies and licence agreement costs, but I can imagine it can be quite costly. It would be nice to see it here one day as we have the technology to preserve and utilize it more. Think of new players wanting to try something old too but if it's not easily accessible then it doesn't get recognition. What would be the harm in trying to acquire a licence eventually from Wizards. It is just going to make money as players would look to buy into nostalgia and have some old school campaigns ran again. All the old content and everything. I love FG and I think in time it could possibly happen. Or at least hope it does.

Blog Entries
    There must be a market with WoTC re-issuing the old modules in PDF. Their masters, Hasbro, rarely do anything with old IP unless there's $$ attached to it.
    Last edited by GunnarGreybeard; April 24th, 2015 at 05:49. Reason: Grammar fixes. :-(
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

You know, now with 5e sets out, somebody could make the 5e adventures that are on Drivethru...

Blog Entries
    I personally love a lot of the 2E settings and content that was available. Our focus (and license) at this time is for the D&D 5E material. We may look to expand this later if we have the bandwidth and if it makes sense for our partners as well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xKrisx View Post
    I still think there would be a lot of interest in 2e if there was an actual official rule set for it. There are a lot of players coming into FG now for D&D now 5e is on here, and many might be players who play 2e. Or have played 2e in the past. I myself am looking for more 2e support and I am disheartened by it a bit. Some of the best times I've has was playing 2e. I have no idea about policies and licence agreement costs, but I can imagine it can be quite costly. It would be nice to see it here one day as we have the technology to preserve and utilize it more. Think of new players wanting to try something old too but if it's not easily accessible then it doesn't get recognition. What would be the harm in trying to acquire a licence eventually from Wizards. It is just going to make money as players would look to buy into nostalgia and have some old school campaigns ran again. All the old content and everything. I love FG and I think in time it could possibly happen. Or at least hope it does.
    Are you gonna ressurect every 2e thread?
    Just asking...

Thread Information