FG Spreadshirt Swag

Anyway to change the GM token?

I use 4e and I'd like to have something other than a big blue button next to my name when I speak in chat.

Maybe a skull. Or a kitten. Or a kitten skull!

in the icons folder of your ruleset there should be the file

portrait_gm_token.png

change this to whatever you want to have as a portrait.

obviously the 4E ruleset is compressed as a pak file, so you will have to open it up, before you can get at the icons folder...

No luck

I finally got around to changing this out by replacing the GM portrait used for the chat list located \Fantasy Grounds II\rulesets\4E_JPG\icons

The filename was portrait_gm_token.png and I replaced it with a different image of the same (30x30) size.

However FG is still finding the old portrait image someplace as it's not changing in game.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Blog Entries
    If your playing with the latest version of the 4E ruleset you want to unpack the 4E.pak ruleset file in the FGII Program directory. 4E_JPG is an older release of the ruleset which resides in the rulesets subfolder of the FGII app folder.

Its probably better to write an extension to replace the graphic, this way when a new version of the 4E ruleset is released you won't have to re-apply any changes.

If you take a look at the 4E House Rules extension (available from the Resource link in my sig) you will find an example of how to override the gm chat token graphic with your own version.

Merry Xmas.

DrZ.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

DrZeuss,
    On your site, most of the readme links are broken, so I was wondering what the module decompiler does.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron
    DrZeuss,
    On your site, most of the readme links are broken, so I was wondering what the module decompiler does.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll take a look at the links.

As for waht the 4E Module Decompiler does, it does exactly what it says on the tin That is reverse engineer the module XML data into plain text for easier manipulation.

It essentially attempts to decompile a compiled FGII 4E module (XML) into plain text source files, for use with the 4EParser tool by Tenian. I wrote the tool to act as a backup mechanism in case you ever lost your original 4EParser module source files and you needed to update your module. This happened to me after a system crash.

To use the tool, install it and run. Click the load button and select a module client or db.xml file. Click OK. The name of the module should get displayed in the text box to the right. Next click the Decompile button, after a min or two (depends upon the size of the module) the tool should ask for a folder to write the (decompiled) plain text files to. You can then amend these files with new content and re-parse back into a module.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Great. Thanks, Dr Zeuss.

Thread Information