5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Gamma World Ruleset

would anyone be interested in coding up a gamma world ruleset? i like the d20 version

but id like to see some mutations like from the original game coded in too. It uses the d20 system....how hard would it be to code in the extra stuff?

I guess the modern setting ruleset that is for D20 could be used for this one...or they could release a new skin or ext just for this new stuff
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

Hasn't Gamma World just been relaunched by WotC? If so, I'm not familiar with the new rules and how they might be similar/different to the original. I confess that I never even knew there was a d20 version

They are all based on 4e so I would think that ruleset would be more appropriate and just use an extension to modify the look and feel.
    PST (GMT-8) Evening and Weekend Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Hye Roler
    They are all based on 4e so I would think that ruleset would be more appropriate and just use an extension to modify the look and feel.
    Would appear not....

Gamma World Player's Handbook
    100% Compatible with d20 Rules

Requires the use of the d20 Modern Roleplaying Game OR Dungeons and Dragons Players Handbook, version 3.5, published by Wizards of the Coast, Inc.

The Gamma World campaign setting is published under license with Wizards of the Coast and is 100% compatible with d20 rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kefrem
    how hard would it be to code in the extra stuff?
    If it's standard d20, not that hard, just time consuming.
    Last edited by VenomousFiligree; November 10th, 2010 at 18:18.

Previously: MurghBpurn

Blog Entries
    Wizards have just released the 4E edition of Gamma World. The first post above is for the previous D20 edition of the game.

In either case extensions for the 3.5E and 4E FGII rulesets would be sufficient to play D20 or the newer 4E Gamma World. I was planning on working on an extension for the 4E version if time allows. I quite fancy playing GW via FGII.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

*coughs* I played the original Gamma World (along with Boot Hill and Top Secret), so d20 is twinkly-new to me and 4e seems positively sureal.

Stuart

I'd be interested in the 4E version of Gamma World as I've bought the box set already.
    Play? Y DM? N Days: 7 days a week Time: Mornings EST(GMT -5)

If Dr. Zeuss is on this, we're all going to happy with the 4e GW ruleset!

Blog Entries
    Hmmm, would love to be able to spend more time on this however I am maxed out with real life projects at the moment.

I did find some time to quickly skim through the new 4E edition of GW though. From my initial glance here's what I think will be needed:

- a new skin extension - GW themed
    - a new extension for 4E which
    - updates the Skills list for GW specifics
    - introduces card mechanics (Mutation etc. etc.)

GW also uses a random table element to Character Creation. These can be implemented using my 4E Tables extension and made available as a module.

Finally Power support, someone would either have to write their own Parser or convince Tenian to update the 4E Parser to support GW keywords and power formats. This of course is also dependant on whether Wizards plan to support GW via the online tools.

All in all the most demanding in terms of effort will be the needed card mechanics and power format support.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Thread Information